Thoughts on the new RG video that came out?

racinteach

Reaction
Just got a video showing what happened on the highway?

Not to happy with our driver right now .....dumb move..

Last edited:

y2kbaja

Reaction
Yes, stupid dumb move!

JDDurfey

Reaction
It appears to me that the Gordini involved in the accident is the one that was still in the race, so RG had no choice but to stay at the accident scene until released by the police.

Is that a RGM support vehicle they tangled with?

y2kbaja

Reaction
If either driver or nav of 312 were injured or drivers involved and could not continue in the Gordini to the finish they would have DNF'd. Rally rules state both occupants need to be in the car to finish.

Short Bus

Reaction
Here is a video of the aftermath. You never want to see anyone holding sheets up at an accident scene.
Also note, it appears both vehicles involved ended up crossing the median and went into/over the opposite lanes - see tire tracks leaving the road at :04 heading toward the Gordini.

az_amsoil

Reaction
Sheets could be to protect from the sun/heat...remember, its Summer in the southern hemisphere

JDDurfey

Reaction
^^ I agree, the reports didn't say anything about a fatality, but serious injuries were mentioned.

Speed racer

Reaction
They were lucky, both drivers could have been arrested and charged with reckless and dangerous driving...for putting other people's lives in danger.

mrlentle

Reaction
I hope is is charged by the local authorities. I like the guy but he he just went way down in my book.

Edit: Anybody know who was driving what vehicles at the time? Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Short Bus

Reaction
Sheets could be to protect from the sun/heat...remember, its Summer in the southern hemisphere

No reported fatalities, so hopefully that is the case.

The Argentine media seems to have reported that people were ejected onto the hwy. I don't read spanish though, so that may be totally incorrect .

Dakar: tres lesionados en un despiste del equipo de Gordon en Córdoba

JDDurfey

Reaction
Well, that answers my question as to who the other vehicle belonged to. The guy in the back seat was obviously not wearing a seat belt.

The article says the driver was knocked unconscious. A girl 28, and two men 37 and 62 were in the vehicle. The 62 year old was hurt badly.

TRUKTOR

Reaction
That was a bad move. They are lucky the two vehicles didn't have a head-on with big trucks on the other side

Bad Move, you dodged a bullet.

mrlentle

Reaction
That was a bad move. They are lucky the two vehicles didn't have a head-on with big trucks on the other side

Bad Move, you dodged a bullet.
Not a swag to a fan deal Truktor - passing chit to a team vehicle.

J Prich

Reaction
Maybe missing appropriate context, but I can't for the life of me think of a reasonable explanation for why that situation would occur in the first place.

TRUKTOR

Reaction
Yeah- I thought it was a swag deal, until I saw the SST graphics on the Black 'Hummer'.
Very lucky it was not much worse.