Thread/PM viewing problems

Jarvis

Reaction
Maybe thats the problem ive got. I cant get into a whole bunch of pages and now i think about them they all have flyhilow on them.

I didnt get a pm from him though.

shrek

Reaction
I cant get into several threads either.............says some kind of timeout.....

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forum/includes/functions.php(4367) : eval()'d code on line 67

Shrek

Chase 2

Reaction
Yeah but the best part is he's not posted since it's started!!!:D

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
its not related to a user but rather a problem with the forum.

We are aware of it and are addressing it.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We have now isolated the problem.

I installed a plug-in earlier this week that performed well on our test forum an was considered safe for the production forum (this forum). The plug-in compressed forum output to stream it faster to your browser and it worked as advertised but locked some forums out. Some of you suggested a relationship of this error with one of our users and it may have been the case. The user did not install anything illegal or did anything wrong, but I suspect the users signature could not be phrased and compressed by the plug-in and ultimately timed the connection out.

Its fixed for now until we can look more into this at a later time.

The plug-in was not trivial in the first place but rather an enhancement.

Jarvis

Reaction
Woo Hoo I can get into my posts once again thank you administrator we love you very much.

I looked at the "culprits" signature and i can understand why your plug in may have had some problems.

Just a Friggin Fan.
__________..........................
H3___l__\___\ __............./\^/\
---\___)----o|||||o......../\^/^\
(@) )---(@) ) ¯¯ ) )....../*2007*\
^^^^^^^^^^^^ ..../*DAKAR* \
www.flyhiflylo.blogspot.com

:p
Just a friggin liability. More Like