Three seats in a fored ranger

Wadsworth Motorsports

Is it possible to put three seats in an extended cab ranger? Some guys say there isnt enough room, but i have seen some with three seats. How is it done? Thanks

CGP Co-Dawg

We run a ext. cab ranger with 2 seats and it is shoulder to shoulder. Not much wiggle room. If you put a third seat in the back where is that person gonna put their legs? Cause there is just enough room in between our seats for a shifter.

Wadsworth Motorsports

Re: Three seats in a ford ranger

that is what alot of guys i have talked to have said. But i have seen a few rangers with three seats. i am going to try and find some pics of one. Anyone else have any ideas?

baja619

Do not limit yourself to what other can or cannot do.

Is your project a prerunner or race truck? Steel cab or fiberglass?

I have seen plenty of 3 seaters. Some work out great, others and most are definitely not ideal for adults but perfectly fine for chicks or children

Wadsworth Motorsports

Re: Three seats in a ford ranger

Thanks for the input. The ranger has a steel cab, and would be just for chasing. Putting the rear bar outside would definetly give me some needed room.

charlie_brown

for a prerunner, its ok for a guy for short times or kids and chicks longer. when making the cage you got to place the tube under the back window under the extra sheet metal or cut it out or just put the whole rear hoop out side behind the cab with all the "X" in it. that’s what kills a 3rd seat. the front seats need to be as far apart as possible and when some one is in the back, you may need to slide the front seats forward.

ChromolyKid

Our truck sits a slender 6' male fairly comfortably, and if she cant fit back there, shes not worth the ride......
Good philosophy! I once saw a sticker on the back of a big Ford that said "Lifted 'cause fat chicks can't jump" :p

Wannabe mentioned Mcneil's. I don't know about Mesa, but I saw Perry's 3 seat ranger in San Diego. He has it set up to where the third passenger rests his feet against the bottom of the T-style dash. Pretty trick.

1450-ranger

Good philosophy! I once saw a sticker on the back of a big Ford that said "Lifted 'cause fat chicks can't jump" :p

Wannabe mentioned Mcneil's. I don't know about Mesa, but I saw Perry's 3 seat ranger in San Diego. He has it set up to where the third passenger rests his feet against the bottom of the T-style dash. Pretty trick.
The McNeil family is pretty extensive, some in AZ most in SD. Our setup is similar to Perry's.