tig welder

boltonbros

i am about to purchase a new tig welder and i was wondering if any one uses the miller syncrowave 180? this is the one my local welding shop suggested to me. does any one use this model or is there any other miller tig welders that anyone uses?

when in doubt throttle it out

motoxscott

I was thinking of getting the same one, so any feedback on the Miller 180 would be great. I will mostly use it for steel and chromoly, some thin aluminum work.

boltonbros

that is about the same metal i will be welding. i will be welding around 1/4 mild steel and .120 wall cromoly.

hoeker

the miller 180 is a good machine, there was a thread on this in the last 3 months, i think it started on the econotig, and the general consensus was to pay the extra couple bucks for the 180. do a little searching.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

That should be an adequate welder for what you want to do. I heard that curry industries uses that welder exclusively, if that is an sort of an indication of how it works. But I'm just a stranger so what the hell do I know :)

Drive vigorously, break, repair, repeat.

1992f150

just looking at the features it seems like a good choice; being able to do stick is definately a plus. Whats the price range on this machine? 3 year warenty is nice too.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

boltonbros

i am going to pick up my new miller 180 tomorrow. i am also going to get the hand amp control that should be nice. thanks for your advice and i will let you know how it is and you can see if you want to get one.

1992f150

should be able to get new leads at home depot for pretty cheap, like under 20 bucks.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

redline

I have a 250 also. never had a problem with it till recently had to send it in because it stopped penetrating. havent got it back yet.

geoff

the miller 180SD is the best value in quality AC/DC TIG welders.

We have a 180 syncro, a maxstar 200SD and a syncro255 (old as hell)

the 180 is used for all purpose welding and is as good as you are. Unless youre an extraordinary welder you will never surpass it.

The maxstar 200 does DC only and it will amke an average welder weld above average and is portable, will run off 120V, weighs 36 lbs and is a dream, but its 2000$ without torch/leads/pedal and it really isnt worth the extra $$ unless you are doing work that requires the welds be art. We make stainless steel exhaust manifolds so they need this. Anythign else the 180 is the welder of choice.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

boltonbros

i got my welder and it works great. i have only got to weld scraps together so far but pretty soon i will be able to weld a roll cage together. thanks for all the replys