Tijuana Desert Challenge

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Awesome weekend for PAB and well deserved.
received_307726283150878.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Anyone have overall times of both heats combined? Looks like Broc Dickerson took second overall with TT's and Class 1. That is with drawing worst position, last on day one. He had 2nd fastest heat of all cars and truck. Pretty impressive..

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Anyone have overall times of both heats combined? Looks like Broc Dickerson took second overall with TT's and Class 1. That is with drawing worst position, last on day one. He had 2nd fastest heat of all cars and truck. Pretty impressive..
The course seems to favor smaller cars that can turn well. I saw a 2900 car right on the tail of a 12 car on the 1st lap before rm5

Baja Bryan

Reaction
The course seems to favor smaller cars that can turn well. I saw a 2900 car right on the tail of a 12 car on the 1st lap before rm5

Perhaps a little. If that were the case then all class 10 cars would have had fast times.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Perhaps a little. If that were the case then all class 10 cars would have had fast times.
Super impressive man, the dust was intense and it seemed like you could get in serious trouble if you drove a little off the course for the whole race. Props for passing that many cars on the first day, and also for beating everyone by five minutes coming out of the back. Thats not easy.

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
Actually Broc was 3rd overall.
Steele 3:21.35
Mac 3:26.14
Broc 3:26.50

He was sitting 2nd overall after Saturday’s Race which took 1:45.11 starting 14th.

Sunday he started in front was able to run a 1:41.38

But Sunday Winslow and Tornel were also on the gas and we found Broc down on corrected time after lap 1. Needles to say he picked it up on last lap.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Bean drove both days for Rob Mac. Rob had a medical exemption for Sunday after his rough tumble Friday at the Lucas Oil Race.
Pretty stoked for Bean getting second overall while his main goal was just to get points for Rob and not mess anything up. I’m sure he took a little off the pace he’d run in his own program.

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
IMG_7963.JPG

Thank you Class 10s for being cool and calm coming up on our tails. It was hard the first day without your lights on to tell in the dust as I’m sure you had no idea that dust you were roaring into was an 11. Good eyes and great driving, we all made it out alive. Thanks to weatherman for day 2 asking the 10s to turn their lights on, that was a HUGE help to allow the 10s a clean race and for us to get the heck out of their way.

rkracing

Reaction
If I remember correctly Score didn't get enough support from the city to hold another event there ? Spectating wise it was a pretty good course , watching cars race all day without moving around and in certain spots you could see them for miles , plus being able to stay in Rosarito overnight.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Tijuana wanted the Baja 1000 and SCORE said NO, there's too much politics in SCORE Baja races involved. With the Municipalization of San Felipe and San Quintin I imagine Ensenada is going to lose a lot of power in the future for the host cities for the Baja 1000 (maybe 500).

SCORE should eliminate the Baja 400 and put the Desert Challenge as a PROLOGUE and QUALIFYING race for the Baja 1000 for a host city that is not hosting the Baja 1000 and rotate each year, have a huge FIESTA with events, and release the Baja 1000 map at the Desert Challenge race and at the end, everybody will be happy.

Just my 2 cents