Time for new Fiberglass Bodies

Reaction
Check out the new F150's. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fordvehicles.com/allnewf150/index.asp?bhcp=1>www.fordvehicles.com/allnewf150/index.asp?bhcp=1</A>

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Is it just me or do trucks get uglier and uglier (not to mention the plastic CRAP) the newer they get? What are designers thinking?

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Saw these trucks @ the LA Auto show last week.
Interiors are nice!
On the outside, they look like a big Exploder, I mean Explorer...

-Gabe

Littlenutts

Reaction
oww. oww.. I have a new idea.... Lets make them all look like cars, just with more room for groceries!

They are REAL!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I like the front, but the rest of it is lame

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I think that they tried to make it look like a Super Duty. Still looks better than a Dodge, Toyota and definitely a Chevy! :)

- Blue Oval Boys

See ya in the dirt!

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
I'm leanin towards liking the tundra body style more then this one. Fords (actually pretty much all) new car designs leave A LOT to be desired. BUT, dodge and especailly the FUGLY new cheys are worse. Still, what happened to trucks being made of metal, and being work vehicles? This is just more reason for me NOT to buy a new vehicle. Ford was doin ok w/ avoiding the big plastic front end (except the FUGLY exploder sport trac) like the nissan for a while, but they seem to be slipping deeper and deeper into the ugly zone...

Ryno

Reaction
I agree with your point. I am shopping for a new vehicle right now....The new Chevys are so ugly they almost should be called a Ford. The new F1sh$$ty looks like 3 cardboard boxes held together with duct tape on wheels. I'll stick to a 98 Chevy....still had a 350, I can get a 3rd door...and parts are a dime a dozen.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I drove my bosses Tundra today and it is 4wd with a v8 and that thing gets up and goes...I was impressed, my only other toyota experience is an older pickup which was ok and the Tacoma which is way too small to be comfortable. It is jsut too bad that the orientals make the Tundra or I would think about buying one.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

RacnCPA

Reaction
Don't we go through this same thing every time the manufacturers come up with a new body style. I don't care what make, we all seem to think they look terrible, then they start to grow on you. Just watch, some of you whinning will be driving one in the near future. But I could be wrong, haha.

Sc

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
"The new Chevys are so ugly they almost should be called a Ford."

Even though he is bashing a Ford, I gotta give him credit, thats funny! Good one!

See ya in the dirt!

martininsocal

Reaction
Come on- admit it, what are your favorite trucks? which years? I will go with the 1973-79 ford F100-150 S/B stepside. the 1968-1972 Chevy Short bed (either box or Step side) and the (around) 1962 International Pick up.

The reason that Fords, Chevy's etc...look like cars is because of this( I was told this by a Ford Factory Honcho at the Baja 1000 a few years back when I complained about the loss of I beams!) The majority of trucks are bought, bur never used as a truck. Ford did a survey and what they found was Ford truck owners would only change one thing on the trucks they drive, and that was make it RIDE more like a chevy with its car like A-Arms in front. We are just seeing that evo;ution...trucks that are more like cars... Our loss if you ask me! As for ugliest... Does Aztec ring any bells? And I don't care what money is, the Cadillac Escalante is ugly too!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
"It is jsut too bad that the orientals make the Tundra or I would think about buying one"

Don't you mean Japanese? Or are Tundras made along with rugs?

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

EQuin

Reaction
Actually, Tundras, Tacomas and Sequioas are assembled here in the good ole USA, unlike some of the "domestics" which are assembled in Mexico and Canada (to be fair, though, Toyota just announced that a few Tacomas will be assembled in one of their new plants in Mexico, but they're looking to build another plant in Texas or Arkansas, and the great majority of Tacomas are still built in the NUMMI plant in Fremont, while all Tundras and Sequioas are assembled in the USA). And as for the argument that the profits go overseas, that's also debunked. Toyota is a publicly traded company, so the profits go to anyone, including Americans, who buy stock in the corporation. Gotta love American capitalism and high quality, long lasting, dependable vehicles made in the USA!

Ed Q.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"Don't you mean Japanese? Or are Tundras made along with rugs?"

Japanese are Oriental...only in America is oriental not "PC"
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.etherzone.com/2002/powell082102.shtml>http://www.etherzone.com/2002/powell082102.shtml</A>

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
That's a good one Kris - funny and SOO true about the BS P.C. america!
As for the trucks - as much as not into rice - I'll take a tundra over any full size today.
Martin brings up a good point and re-inforces what I was saying. My favorite body styles are the late 70's-late 80's. Trucks were trucks, boxy and beefy - not these soccer mom mini van wanna be's. Steve

Motorider

Reaction
If you look at ford's website for that truck you will notice that they have made some big changes in the f-150. The have completely boxed the frame inorder to stiffen the frame up. They put the coil on the shock. They have widened it and put the shocks on the outside of the frame rails inorder to help the swaying. Also if you order the standard cab, you get four doors. They are two little suicide doors that allow access to the area behind the seats, this area was created by extending the cab 6" in the standard cab, and also 6" in the extended cab. I think that they have made some changes in the right direction, but in the exterior it looks like crap. BTW I do like the interior.

michael_loomis

Reaction
hmmm according to your info motorider ... Ford has finally caught up to GM's 99 design , minus the motor and transmission. (and the coilovers).

99-02 chevys are my favorite . 03 still needs to grow on me . next would be 02 tundra , followed by an 01 ext cab SVT lightning i saw in motor trend [(rare with ext. cab)EVEN MORE RARE TO SEE A FORD ON MY LIST!]

ntsqd

Reaction
'62ish-'66 Ford for me. I'll take a 1/2t stepside with some F-600 front fenders please........

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Reviving a past thread...here is Carlos Mencia making lite of the "oriental" subject as well as many others....the thing about comedians is that the best ones make you laugh by telling you the truth!!!

www.carlosmencia.com

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>