Time limit. class 11. hendrickson V. Board

LukeMcMillin83

RDC Crypto
Here, talk about class 11 and time limit in here! Don't ruin a good thread about the map and milages, it's about to get really exciting!! Good luck everyone! ... If you have no morals, my suggestion would be to put a nicely geared trans into the bug, haul butt to the finish, pull over a mile from the finish and take an hour and change the trans back to stock gearing... LOL JK Good luck guys

Last edited:

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Here, talk about class 11 and time limit in here! Don't ruin a good thread about the map and milages, it's about to get really exciting!! Good luck everyone! ... If you have no morals, my suggestion would be to put a nicely geared trans into the bug, haul butt to the finish, pull over a mile from the finish and take an hour and change the trans back to stock gearing... LOL JK Good luck guys
If they just ran a fake alternator they would be a lot faster too!!! :)

TRAVISD

RDC Crypto
Website
www.motoseat.com
Just to stir the pot, here is the 2006 Baja 1000 finishing times.

06 1000.jpg

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
1103 is us. We were on pace for a 30mph finish. A mishap with a semi rookie driver and a cliff ended our day. We spent about two hours and lost reverse getting it out. Then pieces of reverse got into first gear and we lost it. No way to make it over the hills after that.

Last edited:

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Others start the talk on the time limit. We voice our opinion and the thread gets named after us. Comedy.
Maybe because you rarely offer flex in your arguments and in this case you are being stubborn about a situation for people racing a race you aren't running with a sanctioning body you seem to detest.

Why should an unlimited (or more capable limited vehicle) have a larger margin for race mishaps than a vehicle who has to start later, run a course that has been torn up already, and do so with less power and travel?

At least base the checkpoint closures on the racers starting position.

A progressive time limit for the finish and for checkpoints makes sense. If anything, the faster classes should get less time before the slow dudes have to run flawlessly or near flawlessly.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
According to you I should not talk about a race I have raced in multiple times.
No. That's not what I said. In fact, I like that you comment quite a bit on here and I draw knowledge from your experience.

What kills me, like I said is that you offer no flex. (I also wish you used paragraphs more so it's easier to understand your comments but anyway)...

Above I suggested a progressive time limit and a shortening of the time limits for the faster classes. I'd like your thoughts on that if you are willing.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RDC Crypto
I think the time limit dispute should be settled by a good old fashioned game of Slug Bug in Ensenada, the day before the race. Roger vs Robby. Winner gets to name the time limit, loser has to race Class 11.

crazyeye

RDC Crypto
My advice is all those 11 cars should ignore the speed limit and make up the time there.

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
You cannot honestly believe so much time was made in the past compaired to now on the hwy, there is not enough hwy to make that much difference. I have never lost sleep on a time limit racing class 11, the cars today are like old school 51600 cars with a full body, mine has 12 full inches of wheel travel in the rear but then again my old 67 had a swing axle with about 9 inches. Anyone who has been over the summit and threw the desert to borrego knows how tuff that is, same with running from El Chinero threw the cross grain to San Felipe, on the other side of the HWy much rougher than the woop section is today to San Felipe and the back side of Mikes was worse than it is today, pretty much the roughest areas of Baja no mater if it goes to La Paz or not these areas people who have been to these areas will tell you are tough, Score ran us threw there twice, and class 11 ran fast enough for many to finish well in the time limit. The time limit is unfair for TTS to basiclly rebuild themselfs while dropping way behind class 11 and still finishing. If people think this run to La Paz is worse have never been to these areas, The big difference I see is class 11 was raced before, now it is not that way, before they were driven 100 percent by real good drivers. This not a rip on anyone, its the way I see it and have experienced it. Hell in the Genuine Mint 400 in the 70s in true Volkswagens we would average at least 30-32mph and finish it. I guaranty you it was rougher than any Baja 1000 with nearly 500 cars taking the green and decimating the course with a 18 hour time limit.. I read how Sunsett raced 2 Bajas and didnt finish and thinks I am ripping on him?, well I have raced about 28 of them, I have won 9 with a lot of DNFs mixed in. If I had won all of them wow, very experienced racers also DNF I have a real hard time imagining a average speed of 25 mph, it sounds like no fun to me. Some one posted times from 2006, what it doesnt show was the 80 miles I drove with a broken brake line with zero brakes after Porteacitas, the time re jetting the engine after my Baja pit in San Felipe put what appeared to be nova Pemex in my tank and the engine nearly detonated and could only be driven at a crawl in the sand because it nearly pinged its self to death we found a pit about 80 miles later that helped us drain the gas tank and put good gas in it. also the 45 minutes or more trying to fix the brake line because no one including me had one and after 3 different generators failed we were finally able to weld it off and continue on 3 working brakes I also lost a rotor in the ditributer, and the large amount of time after I got out at El Crucero with Robby and Brian hit a ditch so hard to bust Vw wheels and later almost killing themselfs going off a cliff that Robby has posted. All that and we were well on time to finish the race even with the transmission being scrambled eggs from beginner drivers but we pulled out because we didnt have a spare trans.. Inn experience has killed many class 11 and racers of other classes races, it is what it is. I dont know anyone who built a car with no experience and won the Baja 1000 I also think they are driving them so much slower than before even though the cars are better. I have a hard time understanding that. Built right they are certainly capable of faster speed and not breaking. Class 11 are not the fragile cars they once were.. They should make the time allowance.