Time Rider

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Just curious if anyone here has seen this movie--???

<font color="pink"> CU OFRD </font color>

michael_loomis

Reaction
isnt this the movie where the guy racing the 1000 on an XR hits a time hole and goes back in time ? if so yes , and i think i was about ten when i saw it . 26 now
, wonder if hollywood video has it ?

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Yup-- that's the movie. Time Rider was hard to find.. had to special order it on DVD.

I guess I was just having an "oldies" weekend with that one and the original "Gone in 60 seconds" with Parnelli Jones' bronco being stolen...

<font color="pink">CU OFRD </font color>

martininsocal

Reaction
Time Rider- Produced by Michael Nesmith(yes, the monkey) who is the heir of the white out fortune developed by his grandmother. He raced a chevy class 8 under the same banner(with Randy Salmont) and was a big offroad supporter. Where has he gone? I think he was entered in the 2000. Gotta love the tech items like the pre-edited tape with course notes designed to match your oncourse speed... Whe ever would have thought a Honda would be called El Diablo and kill Mexicans?

EQuin

Reaction
Yeah, I saw that movie many years ago! I thought it was funny when the bad cowboys said that if they had that "machine" they would have won the war (Civil War) - lol!

billymanfroy

Reaction
Wasn't there a movie like that where the guy rode around on a Maico and he made alcohol fuel for it out of chicken/pig crap?!? I think that one had the guy riding around in a top secret desert area and he got caught in some time travel experiment or something. FUNNY!!

Billy

sirhk100

Reaction
Dude, what drugs were you guys on?

J/K

Are these movies really worth tracking down to see?

JeffS

Reaction
Same movie Billy..

Classic LOL

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Oh yeah, what a cult classic. Love showing it to newbies who've never ridden Baja before. I just tell 'em things haven't changed much. Back of DVD reads:

"Lyle Swann (Fred Ward) is a champion off-road racer who accidentally gets zapped into a government time experiment and sent 100 years into the past. But when a gang of brutal bandits steals his motorcycle, Swann must outsmart the local desparadoes and submit to the desires of a beautiful outlaw woman (Belinda Bauer - the only eye candy in the movie). Armed with only his limited wits and a map from an Exxon station, can Lyle Swann survive the wild west and get back to one final freaky twist of his future?"

All for fun - drink a six, er, 12 pack before watching.

Seve

desertratt

Reaction
he also turns out be his own great grandpa too doesnt he?

martininsocal

Reaction
Yeah..You know , those damn inbread desert motorcycle racers. I think they just do it to substantiate the whole "Idiot on a bike" image they try to present!

robert_encinas

Reaction
anybody remember the movie that had a guy who raced for nissan in class 7 eithier with or against roger mears at the mint 400?
cant remember the name but it was a cheesy love story. i think it was around 86-87.

robert_encinas

Reaction
oh yeah, dont forget that fear and loathing in las vegas was supposed to cover the mint 400 until he got a little sidetracked.

In_the_works

Reaction
Just a little, yeah. I loved it when they're trailing the bikes in the jeep and he's got his hand over his beer, and when he pours it out, it's just sludge.

martininsocal

Reaction
Does anyoneknow the name of the Cheesey Spyu/thriller flick with Eric Estrada as the good guy? The chase scenes were him chasing the bad guys in one of the Arciero's Chenowth Magnums jumping streets in what looked like San Francisco. Really bad movie, and they never explained what he was doing driving a short course buggy on the streets. Anyone else have the misfortune of finding that one?

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Sounds like "Night of the Wilding," where he was a lawyer defending some bad guys? Vaguely remember the buggy, but the horrible plot, ridiculous chase scenes and grade B acting were, as you said, cheesy.

CanyonMan

Reaction
I think I saw that movie when I was 7 or 8 and have only seen it a couple more times since then. Didn't he get rescued by a helicopter that chops that bad guy off at the ankles when it spins around or something? Back then I thought it was cool as s*#t, but now it is cheesy fun. Has anybody seen Vanishing Point? Not a offroad movie but a cult classic none the less.

michael_loomis

Reaction
my favorite "old" car movies are "Death Race 2000" and "the Wraith" humorously cheesy , but fun none the less. there is also a way old movie , one i forget most of , but its got this big boat of a car and its all blacked out and it chases people down . sort of christine'ish .

sirhk100

Reaction
Death Race 2000 is sooooo funny. It reminds me of the video game carmageden.

JeffS

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
" there is also a way old movie , one i forget most of , but its got this big boat of a car and its all blacked out and it chases people down . sort of christine'ish . "

[/ QUOTE ]

It was called THE CAR ... lol

.... classic ... The Wraith was awsome.