Time Trials May 10 @ ROR

Greg

Reaction
Well, we finally get to start our time trails series in Rialto. Our first of three events will be on Sat May 10th.The fomat will be similar to D-Day but all competetors will run two 3-lap sessions, and your fastest session time will be the one used toward the points series. That way you can run once to get a feel at speed, then again to set you time. There is also the new whoop section in veiw of all the spectators, you only have to hit the whoops once per run, so its not too bad. We have split the "stock" prerunner class in two, the pure stock class is for trucks running a stock (bent) beam or stock lower a-arms, and the "super stock" is for guys running lengthened/custom beams or custom/longer lower a-arms. The class was really getting big and this should really help. Entry will be $40 for competitors with 50% payback from entry and we are putting 5% of the gate into this fund (the more people watch, the more the racers get) to be awarded at the last race of the season. We are requireing at least a 4-point cage in all competition vehicles now, after seeing how hard everyone drove at d-day, its now mandatory. There is the standard $10 gate fee for everyone and we should have the same food vendor as before, the best food at the lowest prices is what we are tring to do. I should have a few small bleachers out there by the 10th that should help a lot with spectator comfort, but dont hesitate to bring your own chairs and ez-ups. We're gonna open the gates at 8 and start running around 10, that gives people an hour or so more than before to get out there. I am trying to put together something for prople to watch between rounds but i cant say what that will be just yet, it should be fun though. Any questions should be pm'ed to me here, as I check this site more that my e-mail. Or during the wed nite chat. And all the info and directions are on prerunners.com. Thanks..greg

singlehanded

Reaction
I wish my cage would be done by then but finals and all I dont wanna half ass it like my bed cage. So I guess I'll be spectating. What do you think the number will be for the race since a lot of the stocker looking trucks didnt have a cage last time?

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
Just looking over your class systems, what about us old time straight axle 4x4 guys?

redline

Reaction
greg,
the yota i had at pratice day will run in coil-over leaf spring class right? as of right now im goin to be there

Greg

Reaction
Thats right redline, and the straight axle guys will run in the "stock" class, but hey , you have a v8.

Greg

Reaction
The latest news, we have secured the food guy we used at D day, im very happy about that, and the coming rains look to be a big help in maintaining the tracks composure. I would like to know who plans on coming out and running, there are quite a few that i know of already, but having a better count before hand would really help. You can either post here or IM me. Thanks.

Jkrell

Reaction
I'm not going to make the race......BUT.......the duffco race truck will be there with a hired gun driver....."prerunner" dan kiefer the owner of duffco will take the wheel in my absence

Best of luck to all the racers.

Jon

DuffcoDan

Reaction
that's funny Jon... hired gun!? I am curious how many competitors there will be in the prerunner class being that cages are required and the classes are split.

Greg

Reaction
At this point in time, it looks as though there will be quite a few trucks (im guessing around 40-50 trucks) and the class split for the "stock" guys was kinda mandatory as it was becoming a really big class and the faster guys were alot quicker than the "stock lower/ bent beam "guys. As a "promotor" im listening to everything that comes my way and im willing to do whatever it takes to being racers out there. Suggestions??

Greg

Reaction
Ok folks, we ARE doing a 50's half time race. But it is invite only, if you're interested in running, pm me or call, but DO NOT show up on saturday with your bike and expect to be let in. We are not allowed to let people ride thier bikes around the airport grounds, that includes the pits. If you just show up with your bike (with out getting ok from us to race), it'll have to stay in your truck, parked outside the gate. If you get on the list of racers, you cannot ride around the pits or anywhere else, just on the track to race. We are allowing the first 20-25 bikes to compete, its a very simple track, but should be fun to watch. You still have to pay at the gate, but to race is free, as there is no payback or trophy either. Its just a chance to go out there and have some fun.

Greg

Reaction
Well, motoxscott and the crew from DezertRangers.com have donated a full FMF exahust to the winner of the 50 race. Thanks guys.

Timmah

Reaction
DMZ Motorsports will be there if we can keep the Nissan gremlins at bay!

Tyson

Reaction
SO uh, hey El Pedazo - you gonna be running for sure this time or are you gonna flake AGAIN? - cause I may put up a lil wager saying that the piece (like previous events) doesn't quite have what it takes to take a first place on this short course, well with Fish driving that is - lol

Bring it, I'LL BE THERE - in 1/2 a truck and all!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Oh hell. El Pedazo will be there running with co-driver Trophy Tacoma Jason.
What do you mean flaking again? I recall seeing my truck at D-Day, where was yours????

As far as the side bet goes bring it cause I need to get some gas $$$. $40 dont be scared. I will be entered in the Pro Prerunner class but dont be scared I am just doing that for point purposes.

So no excuses Tyson I know your truck is missing a few key parts including a shock hoop for the rear but I dont want any excuses why your not there so feel free to come to my house anytime this week and use my tools to fix it! NO EXCUSES!!!

Tyson

Reaction
Well thats good...I was worried for a second that I may have to actually drive hard to beat you, but now that you'll have the pavement pounder in there I'm sure it'll be a 1st gear race. jajaja j/k

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Rialto track is always 2nd gear for me. Maybe you were thinking I was gona drive like you and never get out of 1st gear??