Times have changed

JBSTEVENS44

Reaction
WOW times have changed.

I've been thinking about racing again. Been out of it for about 10 years, used to race class 7s, 7, 10 and 1. Seems like there's a lot of new classes and rules from reading through Bitd rule book.
Can someone enlighten me on some of this?

Class 10 , still popular and competitive ? Appears ecotec is the hot motor ?
How do the bajalites do compared to a 10 car ? Durability of the bajalites ? Seems like the entry numbers are strong.
Class 2400 turbo charged 10 car basically? Popular class?
Class 7 , turbo motors allowed ? No longer have to use a stock frame ?

Seems like there's always been a rotation of classes that are the "trendy" or popular one to be in. What are they now ?

ltr450rider

Reaction
What vehicle is in your driveway right now?

What you should do is, start another thread on here about making a new class based on what you have now. The sport needs a few more new classes to revitalize it.

:D

JBSTEVENS44

Reaction
I have nothing now. Just trying to do some research and figure out what I should buy to get back into it

Reaction
Buy an Ecotec 10 car. Minitruck classes faded with lack of new minitrucks, Class 1 costs big to be competitive.

Reaction
I mean that the marketing of minitrucks has ended in the US, and the interest in the 7 classes faded.

Class 10 has had a big resurgence in entries since the ecotec was approved.

Unlimited suspension, reasonable powerplant budget.

Reaction
There is no "BajaLite Class", they are built to race in several different classes depending which configuration you get.

There is a TrophyLite Class - it is a Spec Class and not related to BajaLite.

You raced Class 10 before, that would be what I would recommend to you.

07FJRog

Reaction
You can race the eco tech bajalite in 3000 and class 7 against the v6 trucks if you want a truck.
Class 10 has more entries to race against most any series.
Bajalite has way more travel and less maintenance than a buggy with a transaxle.
Have fun in what ever you choose

Mark Carter 997

Reaction
I suggest you evaluate how much time and money you are willing to spend. That will tell you which class you CAN race. You may want to race a class but may not have the resources to do it. You raced 10 years ago. Was that because you did NOT have kids then? I see 2 kids in your picture. Kids are a game changer. I know.... I've got 6 of them. That's why I race class 9. Figure out your resources.... that will tell you what to race (IMO).

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

biggjim

Reaction
I suggest you evaluate how much time and money you are willing to spend. That will tell you which class you CAN race. You may want to race a class but may not have the resources to do it. You raced 10 years ago. Was that because you did NOT have kids then? I see 2 kids in your picture. Kids are a game changer. I know.... I've got 6 of them. That's why I race class 9. Figure out your resources.... that will tell you what to race (IMO).

Must have felt too good to pull out ehhhh? Your only 3 from a baseball team....keep swinging slugger!

Mark Carter 997

Reaction
Must have felt too good to pull out ehhhh? Your only 3 from a baseball team....keep swinging slugger!
Something was good. That's for sure.

5 girls and 1 boy. That's a lot of weddings to pay for. Not to mention college. Ages 4 to 14. So no crazy spending in my racing budget. I'm just happy to race whenever I can.

JBSTEVENS44

Reaction

I had less kids but that's not why I stopped. The almighty dollar put an end to it. Kids are getting older now and I like the idea of involving them in prep, pit support, etc.. We started riding dirt bikes to compensate for the lack of money. My oldest is 16 and has had some recent injuries from riding and so I would like to get him off of the bike for now. Let him co drive and so forth.

promer

Reaction
I'm just going to put it out there class 5 has been pretty strong and is a fun class to race. A few good cars for sale too.