Tire Pressure on street..

beamdream

Reaction
To get the most comfort yet maintain reasonable gas mileage and tread wear, what PSI does everyone run in their tires? Im running 33" Pro-Comp M/T but not to sure what PSI I should run for daily use. I know everyone thinks differently and would like some opinions. Thanks.

C-$

CanyonMan

Reaction
I almost always run just below the tire manufacturers recommended tire pressure unless I see unevern tire wear. On a 35psi tire I usually run 32psi.

Lyrch

Eric_M

Reaction
well this is just me, but i run 31X10.50 procomps MT's and the stock suspention on my yota really sucks so i just run 20 PSI front and rear. i have had no odd tire wear or anything like that. but its an ok ride now. thats my 02 cents

stupid people shouldnt breed!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Eric_M on 01/08/03 02:50 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I run 5 psi below spects on all my vehicles around town if Im gonna tow anything I max it out....Mike

cleartoy

Reaction
I run 30psi on the street.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

JBO

Reaction
With 33's on my ranger I run 30 in front, 28 in rear, and they've worn very smooth.

FORDTECH

Reaction
i run bfg 35,12.50 15 at 32 psi it rides o.k and they get great tire wear

have gun will travel

Marshall

Reaction
I run my tire (on the truck) through a small puddle and check the tire track. I then adjust the presure until the tire has the complete tread in contact. I have found on the rear of a light truck it can be run as low as 22psi. I have had great luck with even tire wear. I think most people run to much presure in the rear and get the centers to wear out in a hurry not to mention wheel spin around every corner.

singlehanded

Reaction
or put some masking tape on it and see. just dont need the puddle

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight