• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tire Recommendation

Desert-utv

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some opinion on what brand and model to get for my UTV? I'm about to replace my old Itp terracross w/c I bought from Atv tires. And was wondering w/c other brand or model would be a good pick. What can you guys say about Duro brand tires? Is this brand made from china?

By the way I do trailing and some off road racing activities.

Thanks in advance.

JoeyD23

What type of machine?

Dura's IMO are no good. I stay away from them.

You should also consider joining UTVUnderground.com. Don't worry I am not spamming, RDC and UTVUG are network affiliates.

Beebe

I have Big Horns, Black Diamonds, Roctanes, and Mongrels. They all have a purpose, but for go fast I love the Mongrels, they hook up really nice but you can't run them below 15psi if you want the sidewalls to live. They are really flexy and don't need to be lower than that.

Poncho Racing

Ive been running my maxxis big horns for a long time with a ton of miles on them no problems. I think the newer ones have a different compound.

levi_1947

Probably a little late for the thread but... GBC Kanati Mongrels!! The BEST, I race Score including the Baja 1000 and the GBC tires are amazing from silt, mud, rocks, to all around weight to strength ratio. A solid 8 ply tire derived from their LT street edition.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
What type of machine?

Dura's IMO are no good. I stay away from them.

You should also consider joining UTVUnderground.com. Don't worry I am not spamming, RDC and UTVUG are network affiliates.
Joey, last year at the MN Terracross, the RZR1000's were all sporting the same tire/wheel package, I know Walker Evans supplied the wheels, but what tires were they using?

JoeyD23

T
Joey, last year at the MN Terracross, the RZR1000's were all sporting the same tire/wheel package, I know Walker Evans supplied the wheels, but what tires were they using?
They were running 14" Walker Evans Racing wheels with 28" tall GBC Kanati Mongrel tires

450grl

Big Horns are always my "go to" tire for running in the desert....

DCBBOB

Im running Bf all terrain 30x9.5x15 race line bedeck rims, love the tires, already have 1500 miles and they looks dirty but still have good thread, been to moab, and a few rough places, no flats yet, knock on wood, but changing to method rims because lug nuts come off without socket sleeve, and change to the new baja BF mud terrain. the all terrain run good, just a little slippery on turns at 50 mph in the wash, but handles good on performance of driver