Tires

Motorider

Reaction
Is bigger always better? Why instead of running 33s on a ranger would you run 35s, or instead of running 35s on a fullsize would you run 37s
are you able to see a sizeable performance difference between them?
thanks
Pat

desertracer

Reaction
Not sure if this idea is the same with a buggy but this is what I have seen. On our Jimco 2000 we ran 33's on the front for a while and the car worked fine. This is with 35's on the back. Then we switched over to 35's on the front and the car handled the rought stuff much better, it takes the bigger whoops much better now. The 35's keep the car from dropping all the way into the whole, it carries the front end much better.

MDR #112

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
The bigger tires do work better by rolling over things that smaller tires catch or kick on.
But it's not free. Bigger tires have a significant impact on your power, brakes,
suspension tuning, and place more stress on things like spindles, axles, etc. Don't
underestimate these negative effects or you will join the crowd that dnf's. Just my opinion.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
more give in the tire = better ride

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

Motorider

Reaction
How much more give in the tire is there from a 35-to 37?
I think that it would be too little to tell. Maybe you could tell going from a 33 to 37?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
When your bumpstops are bottomed and all you have is tire left(everything else is metal) it is good to have as much as you can get.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "