• Forum membership has its advantages....

Titan parts on a Frontier

First off I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner. I saw on an earlier post that some titan parts will fit on the frontier. I was wondering if this was true and if so than which ones? Thanks.

jeff

You can bolt the entire front suspension from a 2004 or newer Titan to a 2005 or newer Frontier. I don't think this works with the 2004 Frontier. The swap requires everything though... control arms, steering knuckles, hubs, rotors, calipers, the works.

Aloha

CMazzulla

call Greg (PRG) he knows these trucks like no one else, and I make the titan mid travel arms for him. They also work with the frontier but make it a little wide. pretty cool concept though

Yeah but will the arms work on the older body frontiers or just the new body style? Also do you have a number for PRG?

jeff

Let me be more clear...

The 2wd and 4wd 2004 Frontier are built using a torsion bar equipped IFS design. All 2005 and newer model year Frontier trucks use the same basic design that the 2004 and newer Titan uses... a strut (shock and coil in one assembly). You cannot run Titan parts on a 2004 Frontier.

Aloha

josh909

I agree with Jeff. The pic of the suspension in my Avtar is of my suspension on my 2000 Frontier deseret runner. It's the same as your 2004 truck if it's the 2x4 desert runner package.

Josh, yeah I have the same style suspension as you, except you got the Total Chaos long travel kit. I am envious of you. How does the kit work?

josh909

Dirt rider: I love the Chaos kit very much. I had them on both of my Frontiers and both trucks kicked arse. I am currently in the process of doing a cage. Woody Woodruff doing the fab work for the 4 link also. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

ya chaos is awesome i hammered my yota with chaos suspension! i miss it so much (stupid careless drivers with no headlights) but after having it and now looking for a new truck to tear into i know ill need something more than 12-13" of travel. i mean 13" is good but i went buckwild with mine launching it 9ft off the ground for a distance of nearly 50ft or more! ( down hill jump 75+mph landed flat bottom, shock hoops pulled away from engine cage lol) i have pix some where ill looks for them! but the chaos kit held its own!

call greg at prg products he has a titan mid travel kit that bolts on to frontiers i think it get 12 on the titan but 15+ on the frontiers... might be wide though... i plan on doing this when i find someone to take over payments on my titan

Dirt rider: I love the Chaos kit very much. I had them on both of my Frontiers and both trucks kicked arse. I am currently in the process of doing a cage. Woody Woodruff doing the fab work for the 4 link also. I'll keep you posted on the progress!
i wanted to fully build my truck!! I just know some of the basic stuff. JOSH909 could you help me out? are you caging a frontier?

josh909

I am doing a full cage, a one piece front clip, full floater 9" with a 4 link. I plan on keeping the truck street legal with the A/C and heater still intact. I am still waiting for some shop time with my boy WWoody who is doing the 4link/9" work. I plan on getting started very soon because the Glamis season is pretty much over. I will keep you posted for sure!