TJ Flores Blasts to Overall HDRA Win in the Dark!

l.e. shank

TJ Flores, and his co-driver/owner Stephanie Reynolds, made quick work of the 5-lap, 257.5 mile Dusk-Til-Dawn race Saturday night at Primm NV. His total time of 5 hours, 3 minutes, 46.5 seconds gave him an average speed of 51 mph. Pretty fast for a race run totally in the dark.

TJ was quickest during qualifying on Friday night and earned first off the line to start this pure night race. His win was no cakewalk in the dark as Mike Mitchell, third off the start in his Class 1 buggy #107, kept the pressure on relentlessly the entire race. Mitchell came in second overall and first in Class 1 less than 3 minutes later. Levi Rockhill followed Mitchell in for the checker less than 12 minutes later for second in Class 1 and third overall.

Brandon Arthur continued his winning ways in the 1400 class and roared home for first in class followed by the Isenhourer brothers Nick andChris in second and third respectively with Keith Minnicks fourth.

Complete results will be posted on www.hdrarace.com soon

Monster Energy provided additional fun for the weekend starting off with a pit crew challenge on Friday morning with $500 up for grabs to fastest pit crew in each of the four entry level categories. Some of the crews performed the 2-tire change in quick fashion and made the off-road pit stop look like NASCAR!

Winners of the Monster Energy Pit Crew Challenge were Mike Mitchell’s crew at 39.9 sec.; David Norris’ crew at 28.2 sec. and Brandon Arthur’s crew at 62.6 sec.

Friday evening saw the Monster Energy fun move into the Tree Bar for a happy hour that turned into two hours of complimentary beverages for the racers and teams. Qualifying results were announced during this Monster Energy sponsored function.

Saturday afternoon saw Monster Energy again on the scene hosting a pool party at Buffalo Bill’s to give the racers and teams some R&R before preparing for the grueling night of racing that started at 8 p.m. The drinks were cold, the DJ music hot and the Monster Girls were there!

It was a perfect summer night for desert racing with temperatures in the mid-90’s and slight breezes to keep things comfortable. Heavy rains earlier in the week groomed the course and gave racers a lot of dust-free traction on this 51.5 mile course.

Racers had great things to say about the entire Dusk-Til-Dawn event, and even the ones that had problems agreed that it was a super weekend. They said they’re planning to be in Laughlin for HDRA’s Rockin’ on the River 2-day event November 9-11 for more great racing and fun!

The final race of HDRA’s 2012 Inaugural season will be the Rockin’-on-the-River event in Laughlin NV on November 9-12. Make plans now to be there and join in the fun!

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Big thumbs up to TJ he caught me like I was standing still and was very patient while I found a spot to scoot over in the 1405 BDM Isenhouer truck, he gave me one soft bump then cruised by. Congrats TJ you earned it respectfully!!

B-Dub 1020

The only person I have ever seen drive a TT that fast and smooth was Rob Mac. Way to go Taco my brother.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Big thumbs up to TJ he caught me like I was standing still and was very patient while I found a spot to scoot over in the 1405 BDM Isenhouer truck, he gave me one soft bump then cruised by. Congrats TJ you earned it respectfully!!
TJ, a gentleman on the course as well as off! Congrats to the new teaming of TJ and Steph...Look out big teams!!!!!!

There are a lot of folks who could learn a lesson or two from TJ...he's a class-act.

OK, done kissing ass...LOL!!

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
TJ, a gentleman on the course as well as off! Congrats to the new teaming of TJ and Steph...Look out big teams!!!!!!

There are a lot of folks who could learn a lesson or two from TJ...he's a class-act.

OK, done kissing ass...LOL!!
HE'S A DORK!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Way to go TACO-LACO!!!!!!!

Forty1Racing

Way to go TJ- glad to see a guy that works so hard achieve success.

B-Dub 1020

HE'S A DORK!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Way to go TACO-LACO!!!!!!!
You funny man Bags you go now, TJ was so smooth and driving relaxed fast it was awesome to watch. Yeah he does work his arse off and has helped us many times, Butch is a slave driver but always there for ya when you need them. Cant say enough good about this racer that has worked his way up through the classes.Now we need to get CJ in a TT and have the TJ and CJ show eye yi yi