TM Lawyer on RDC?

curtnrod19

Reaction
Is there any Trademark lawyers on RDC? or if you have a friend that is?

We got our trademark awhile ago. no we get a letter from a lawyer from a company with a smiliar name that said for us to give up our trademark, written by there lawyer.

We would like info ragarding this issue and need help seeing that we dont want to give up our TM, just b/c soo much time and money has been invested into this company. We think there just mad that we got the TM before they did.

Any help or phone numbers we could call would be perfect!! Thanks RDC Familia!

Curtis Beard

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
what reason did he give for you stop using your trade mark? is he aware that yours
is a registered trademark? is he claiming dilution of his trademark....

curtnrod19

Reaction
our names are similiar, and have same goods to offer.

There name/company falls under the common law act(beeing on the net makes there geographical state nationwide), im guessing. But in read of the Lanham act(mat be wrong) it looks like the common law act doesnt come into play here. Our company was started one year before theres, but theres was on the net first.

We went through the "legal" process of doing everything legit and making our company "real", incase we went on to have something going on here.

So i think there lawyer is going to push the "common law" towards us. ? (maybe) dont really know.

It might be a case where they tried to get it TM'd(registered) but we allready had it and there lawyer said, "well we will just send them a letter and see what happens".

Idk, this make sense to you???? the more i look into the laws it just confuses the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!

Curtis Beard

curtnrod19

Reaction
and no it does not say anything about dilution, just about similarities in the companies and that there is confusion between the two.

Ill post the letter(parts of it) in the morning for you to read. Thanks for your help in advance. If anyone has any more info please post here or PM me if you want. Thanks alot guys!

Curtis Beard

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
It might be a case where they tried to get it TM'd(registered) but we allready had it and there lawyer said, "well we will just send them a letter and see what happens".

sounds exactly like what happened to me when i was in Houston years ago.
i'm still trying to get ahold of my friend who helped me at the time, i'll let
you know if i have any luck....

curtnrod19

Reaction
Hey thank you. We could use any advice at this time. Thanks again.

Curtis

curtnrod19

Reaction
yep, thanks again Dan...

Curtis Beard