TNC Machine brings new sponsor to V2R and runs with the leaders

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
8/22/09. In the first race of a two year deal that will have TR Racing Wheels as co-title sponsor of the #18 Trophy Truck, this new team proved it's mettle by surprising some of the "rock stars" of the sport by running with the leaders in this, the longest desert race in the US. Tracy Rubio, owner of TNC Machine, builder of the #18 TT, qualified the truck in 14th position of 20 starters in this class. Halfway through day 1 of the 3 day staged event, he handed off a perfect truck to driver Larry Trim in 10th position on the course. Larry, in his first Trophy Truck drive, held off the Herbts truggy, while closing the gap on the G&R entry of Ron Whitton. By following the G&R truck across the finish line we were ahead of him on corrected time for day two. The young TNC team quickly prepped the truck for day two. On Friday morning, Rubio was 8th off the line in class and 15th overall in the 300 race-vehicle field. By pit three, Rubio had the charging TT 5th on the course and again, handed the truck over to Trim at race mile 560. When leader BJ Baldwin dropped back with transmission trouble, TR Racing moved up to 4th, behind leader Andy McMillin, the Herbts TT, and Rick Johnson. Our day and race would end however, when a broken part in our Kincaid Racing engine sidelined us at RM 691, only 8 miles from the finish line of for day two. This effort is a testiment to the skills of TNC truck design and fabrication, as well as the support of our partners, BFGoodrich Tires, K&N Filters, Kincaid Racing Engines, Superior Axle, King Shocks, Light Force Performance Lighting, and Ford Trucks. We look forward to the Silver State 300, which kicks off on Sept. 24th in Mesquite, NV. photo credit www.acceler8ing.com, copied from within RDC

Attachments

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
GET SOME TNC!!!!! i saw that truck built from nothing and it is one the nicest out there! congrats

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Congrats to Tracy for building an awesome truck, TNC Machine team for making it happen, and TrailReady for making an awesome decision to support an awesome truck.... The #18 has a win just around the corner.....

johnnyweb

Reaction
Better luck next time guys!!! Keep it up!!!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Larry,

I was at Tracy's shop the Thursday before he left for Vegas to Reno, and he was just as happy as could be with joining the Trail Ready team. He was looking forward to the race and teaming up with TR. The guys at TNC are really good people and I am sure success is just around the corner for you guys! Of course I hope you guys finish just one spot back of the #15, us!

Trent