Toby Price's New TSCO Mitsubishi Triton TT

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Toby had TSCO build this new TT that he will be racing at Finke in a couple weeks. There's more photos and specs on the Method site.

MRW_Price_TSCO_TT_0860.jpg
Price_TSCO_TT1015_V3.6_2048x.jpg
TP_Truck_2.jpg

stephenrjking

Reaction
Love the color scheme.

Mitsubishi power? That’s... unusual.

Is this staying on his side of the world, or do we get to see it in Mexico?

mrlentle

Reaction
Not Mitsubishi powered, the method website say sits a 6.0 Chevy, I was a bit disappointed by that

I miss the days when the body matched the power plant
These things come with a 2.4 diesel down here putting out 135kw. Not sure he'd keep up with anything Stateside with that! No petrol options in NZ at all and I think only one in Aussie.

Truck looks cool - nice to see something fresh and Toby'll haul as he's proven he can do.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
These things come with a 2.4 diesel down here putting out 135kw. Not sure he'd keep up with anything Stateside with that! No petrol options in NZ at all and I think only one in Aussie.

Truck looks cool - nice to see something fresh and Toby'll haul as he's proven he can do.
Yea it's a great looking truck, but it's technically not legal in TT Spec in the US/Baja and probably wouldn't keep up with the new Mason AWDs. I'd love to see it race Baja some day though

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Yea it's a great looking truck, but it's technically not legal in TT Spec in the US/Baja and probably wouldn't keep up with the new Mason AWDs. I'd love to see it race Baja some day though
With 750hp, a 6spd sequential, and Toby at the wheel, this thing could beat some, if not most, of the top TT's out there.

mrlentle

Reaction
Genuine question - why won't it be spec legal?

mrlentle

Reaction
Why not right hand drive?
Built Stateside so I would imagine a lot easier to remain status quo for steering mounts, dash mould etc to remain unchanged from a production truck would be my guess. We get plenty of left hook former US cars downunder - it's neither here nor there unless trying to be street legal.

mrlentle

Reaction
im right handed and can’t imagine shifting with my less dominant hand ...
I'm right handed too and drive a RHD most days but run an old Willys LHD on the weekends. Shifting is fine both sides though from time to time I do reach out the wrong side of the Jeep trying to find the gear stick. That and climbing in the passengers side is equally embarrassing. Funny though - visit the States and no issues driving other side of the road than what we're used to.

Napsta

Reaction
Toby said based on his Stadium Super Truck and Baja racing he liked the right hand drive so chose to build his that way. I did the same when I built my Penhall Ultra4. Here in Aus half the field are SxSs so there's nothing unusual about a race vehicle with right hand drive.