• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tom Morris Named Competition Director for Crandon World Cup

baja619

You all have been asking for a union & the short course world, well this is one big step forward.

CRANDON, Wisconsin (July 25, 2017) – In preparation for its Labor Day weekend Crandon World Cup event, Crandon International Raceway today announced the appointment off-road racing expert Tom Morris as Competition Director.
One of Morris' primary functions will be working with The Off Road Championship (TORC) and Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series technical officials to create and enforce a new "Balance of Performance" set of regulations designed to offer a level playing field for all PRO-class racers competing in the Crandon World Cup. Currently both short-course off-road series operate under separate technical rule books. The Crandon "Balance of Performance" concept looks to offer a participants from either series a short list of changes or modifications -- if any -- needed in order to race on "World Cup Sunday."

xhoser

You all have been asking for a union & the short course world, well this is one big step forward.

CRANDON, Wisconsin (July 25, 2017) – In preparation for its Labor Day weekend Crandon World Cup event, Crandon International Raceway today announced the appointment off-road racing expert Tom Morris as Competition Director.
One of Morris' primary functions will be working with The Off Road Championship (TORC) and Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series technical officials to create and enforce a new "Balance of Performance" set of regulations designed to offer a level playing field for all PRO-class racers competing in the Crandon World Cup. Currently both short-course off-road series operate under separate technical rule books. The Crandon "Balance of Performance" concept looks to offer a participants from either series a short list of changes or modifications -- if any -- needed in order to race on "World Cup Sunday."

One of the nicest guys you could meet. He'll do a great job.

CFreeLV

Almost too good to be true.

Definetly one of the nicest guys in this sport. When I raced a pro buggy in Lucas they had just allowed the Ecotec. I was one of the first ones to make the switch after grenading a couple $$$$$ hondas. I just knew him as one of the tech guys at Loors. While I was getting inspected we were bull crapping about how cool it is that if I blew one up that you can get one for a grand at a junkyard. Later on that night he was roaming the pits and stopped by and asked how I qualified, how it ran and if I needed anything. He also mentioned I would win. I told him I was cool with that. I ended up winning and in post tech I asked how he knew? We were in Utah with the altitude and the weather was changing by the minute and he knew that having the fuel injection was going to be a huge advantage over the honda's. I didn't find out his credentials until a few races down the road and thought it was really cool that a complete stranger would stop by my pit and ask if I needed anything.

I'm afraid the only solution however is to have the same set of rules. No other way around it or someone will feel they have a disadvantage.

Pro4orNothing

Hope this is enough to entice some of the big names from the West coast to come out for the weekend. I agree that a common set of rules is still the best option for all, but with the midwest needing a completely different set of rules to keep Pro2 alive, this is a great choice!

acers

The lucas and torc pro2s are far apart now. How do you make them equal? I am concerned it could keep west coast teams away.They race the weekend before so can they change anything.Tom sounds like the right one for the job and will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

illmattic86

From what Luke Johnson said in an instagram post, it may be as simple as a rev chip and DOT tires but there's gotta be more to it.

PDANK Racing

Main engine difference is brodix spec heads, cast iron blocks, 4150hp carb vs efi/open carb and 410ci instead of 430ci. As well as 7500 rev chip.
I figured that to modify a engine to fit the rules, it would be around $6000 to meet torc pro2 rules(assuming you have a iron block thats 410ci). Thats including assembled heads, intake, dyno time and assembly.

dhardesty

Anyone have information on the schedule for the weekend? Nothing posted on Crandon Internation site.
Thanks

dbq61537

This makes the weekend that much more interesting. Hopefully, Carl shows up to say goodby to the Midwest fans.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert