Tombstone Rallycross recap

Crayfish

Reaction
Me and my buddy took our Mitsu Lancer rental to Tombstone yesterday for the rallycross and I must say we both had a blast. We had another guy in the back seat not driving and he even had fun. We had a 12 pack of Guinness riding on it so there was some serious competition. I ended up getting the ol' brown and gold victory. We were doing pretty good compared to the other cars, all things considered. Our times got progressively faster as we started to figure it out. The course was a little confusing to me but my friends had no trouble. It got a little rutted later in the evening and the outsides of some of the corners needed to be avoided because they had soft dirt. The racing surface help up surprisingly well considering all the traffic and they fact that they were constantly accelerating.

I entered open 2 wheel drive where I should have entered street stock 2.

Whoever went post your times and class so I can see how bad I sucked.

My runs were:

All I was concerned with was winning beer from my buddy.

Anyway I had a great time and I am looking forward to the next one.

Later

Crayfish the "E" team (Enterprise rent a car)

Crayfish

Reaction
Oh and BTW Tim I looked for you, car no. 6 right? what were you driving? just wanted to say hey, oh well next time.

I also had my video camera mounted inside so if I can figure out how to hook my old school VHS-C camera to my computer I will try and post some footage. I also got footage of some of the open 4 cars.

Later

TimHayosh

Reaction
Yeah, #6. A red 4 door POS Focus. Seemed like I had to crawl in the backseat just to use the handbrake. The particular car I had was the worst rental yet. I'm gonna try to stick to the Cavalier (all the ones in town were rented...damnit!)

I don't know what the times were, but they'll get posted <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.shults.com/rallycross/>here</A> when Gabe gets them up.

It most certainly was a tricky course. A nice challenge. Too bad that Metro rolled! That car was a wreck. I had to get on the road back to A-Z after I saw that. Late night, long drive.

Looks like May 17 is the next one. Same place. See ya there. BTW, I want in on that Guiness action next time!!

Happy motoring, Tim

Crayfish

Reaction
You are in on the Guinness!!!
I saw the red Focus 4 dr w/trunk.
Trick on the e-brake is to take a screw from the door sill molding and push the button in and use the screw to hold the button from engaging works like a charm.

See ya

Craig Pearson

TimHayosh

Reaction
No, that's not it. I used duct tape for that. The problem is that the damn armrest is really high and prevents you from having easy access to it.

Your Guiness is not safe!

Happy motoring, Tim

TimHayosh

Reaction
The results are up. Click the link in my post above....

Happy motoring, Tim

Crayfish

Reaction
Tim, you are right my Guinness is not safe with you. Good job man! looks like I will need to hone my skills before the next event. The next three land on MDR race days so I will have a logistics problem making both races, hmmmm maybe my wife can meet me at Tombstone with the rental.

Take care man

Craig Pearson

TimHayosh

Reaction
The next one does in fact land on the same day as the next MDR race. I'm still gonna try to do both. But, there have been some date changes, so there may not be any further conflicts.

Happy motoring, Tim