• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tonopah Overnight Prep

nohandslance

What was the overnight prep on your vehicles like. Full Prep, Trans Change..? For those that can afford..
When Andy Mac Rolled thru Rawhide, his/TSCO truck Sounded as if it just rolled out of the shop. No misfires, squeaks , rattles. We all knew he was going to win it at that point.
Herbst, Parkhouse Looked good as well.
Berri I'm glad to see the single seater..
Thank you for a great show everyone..

Lance

nohandslance

And to the N66 team Next to me and the rider that limped in the Bike to Rawhide with a flat tire that was wired to the rim after it came off the rim. Moto's and Quads are the true Bad Asses of our sport.

Lance

51rcr

blew out filters alternator and radiator. checked ball joints and for big damage. added fuel.

AngryShawn

Our bike prep at tonopah was basically routine maintenance:
motor oil/filter change
air filter change
wash - because you know, clean bikes are faster!

trentk

Im just a lowly quad and we did a full race prep. We didn't swap engines or anything but we easily could have. Made it much easier to finish and not nearly as hard as doing 600 miles straight.
Menzies was prepping behind us and they had the truck torn apart and it looked damn nice when they were done. Pretty sure they swapped the trans. I heard some UTV teams were swapping everything: diffs, engine, transmission, axles, etc. Wow.

dislocated1

On the jeepspeed class winning Wrangler of Coan Racing, we cleaned air filters, blew out radiator and oil/trans coolers...... nothing else.

dezert_nerd

Raced on a bike and did fluids and filters, threw on a fresh front (rear didn't look as bad as we anticipated) and of course cleaned the bike. I love racing bikes, it's only my first season but man is it way easier than prepping a truck or buggy, I can get use to this!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today