• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tons of sand cars for sale???

dsrt5253

I own both and will take the sand car over the SxS any day at the dunes. I don't have that much more into my Tatum with all the extras in my SxS and it's a heck of a lot more fun to drive. As far as the desert,Mexico and the forest, I'd take the RZR

gawdodirt

Also, you can finance the golf carts. A sand car is hard to finance, so is usually cash. So, sell the over priced sand car, buy momma some boobies, and put the rest down on a 4 seat golf cart. With chrome of course. And it most likely comes with a black flat bill too. Bro.

Nessy

I own both and will take the sand car over the SxS any day at the dunes. I don't have that much more into my Tatum with all the extras in my SxS and it's a heck of a lot more fun to drive. As far as the desert,Mexico and the forest, I'd take the RZR
I agree, my 2000lb 650HP Tatum is about 10 times funner in the dunes than my SXS.

Simonssandman

Years ago sea do’s came to the river,( little analysis here on my part) they created havoc and pissed off a lot of people. It was the way it was, where are they now.
I believe that many will come t the sand and desert that could not come before because they can afford the side by sides, I see them wadded up all the time.
They will re invigorate our sport, why you ask, because they will see what there missing in our rides, they will get a ride and that will start a new craze to.....have what they don’t. So they will see the light, they will push up prices and demand.
That’s my 2 cents, and when the day comes that they don’t make them out of pot metal well then...they will be way more expensive to own and be out of reach, even with a payment. Again making our cars worth way more.
It may take time, but I believe that hundreds , thousands will say, man I wish I had that when they get to the dunes.

Simonssandman

Remember the sea do craze, boats went up, sold more and that is because thousands got a ride in a real boat. Everyone has more than one rail, right. People will be exposed that we’re never able to participate, that will expose them to our domain, prices will go up, demand will increase.
The side by side will become better and stronger, more expensive and thus, again make our cars worth more, just my 2 cents

Bert is my name

Or give more reason to shut areas down. I'm all for new people coming to the desert. What concerns me is the free for all mentality that goes along with it. I grew up around offroad racing and boating. I remember when mission bay was so packed with seadoos that my family stopped going. Kind of a good thing. The point I'm trying to make is this. For every 10 assholes that buy a side by side maybe 2 or 3 will stick around after the wreck and/or d.u.i. they get at the dunes. It's the new people who get reckless and think the desert is a no man's land free for all who get our public lands shut down.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Right again, Bert!

As technology becomes more widely available, our sociology usually fails to keep pace.

Fifty years ago, one was acculturated into hobbies like duning, dirt biking and off roading, even hiking.

Dirt bikers were taught to climb hills on the side NOT visible from the freeway, for instance.

Now we can jump right in with both feet (and approved credit) and get over our heads in more ways than one. Physically or financially.

I do SAR, and we conduct searches for hikers, hunters, horsemen, bikers, ATV'ers, UTV'ers, Jeepers, creepers, and etc.

But I don't recall one search yet for an old 40hp swingarm buggy pilot. Did help a guy with one swap his flat rear with a front tire back in '75.

Hmm...wonder why that's true?

Bert is my name

Hop on YouTube and watch almost any sxs video. Gonna be some yokel with just enough money and not enough knowledge or experience piloting the thing.

They are running around tearing up whatever is in their path.
If you watch some of Matt's towing and recovery videos. He is usually hauling some moron out of the sand in hurricane Utah.
I was taught that you don't head out alone. And if you do you better take care of yourself, your ride, and respect the land and those around you.
That does not seem to be the culture surrounding the sxs crowd. ( I'm not including racers in this statement).

The guys in the south east seem to be some of the worst.