Tony George you son of a .....

Desert_Roller

Reaction
To the man who single-hand destroyed open wheel racing in the US and abroad, thank you.

From multiple tire manufactures, engine suppliers, chassis, dampners, technology, and competition down to one or none, you killed it all, thank you.

A sacred place that hosted one race a year, the largest single day event in all of motorsports and bigger than any of the stick and ball sports could dream, down the drain.

For reducing a field of 33 gifted, talented, deserving drivers who had to fight their way in, to a grid of 33%, thank you.

Letting the mostly left-turn-only guys steal the TV ratings during a selfish feud to get your way, thank you.

After 15 years of your crap, your own family and the board of directors has asked you to step down because you got your way and eliminated the competition.

Your name will go down in history along with the likes of Barry Madoff, OJ Simpson, George W Bush and Michael Jackson as people who left a mark on this earth.

And to the Man standing at the pearly gates that sends you to burn for eternity, thank you.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
yeah, i agree sadly. but my grandparents works for him in Indy, so i can't say much.

has anyone even watched any Indy car races this year? i watched the last 30 laps of the indy 500, and i watched one or two races last year.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
The last Indy 500 I watched, and in my opinion the last one ever held, was in 1995 and won by Jacque Villeneuve.

I have held a seething hatred towards Tony George ever since.

Never has one man single handedly destroyed a racing series while driving fans and drivers towards others forms of motor sport.

His greed alone decimated open wheel racing in the states.

And the IRL still has the ugliest cars ever made.

M_Solms

Reaction
I'm with Pat, don't watch anymore and don't care about it, kinda the same way I am with Nascar now.

There always seems to be someone in every business that feels the need to screw with success.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
Alot of people around here are pretty pissed at the guy. Rumor has it, that he has too much going on to run one thing right. (if that makes any sense) So Mommy's going to give him a spanking if he doesn't get his Poo together. He raised a lot of money from the local economy to make "Indy" the racing capitol of the world again, but that fell flat on it's face just like F1 and the Lamans series. We will see how long Moto GP sticks around. If he gets this "American Formula Series" going, I think that will be the down fall him!

MesaKrew

Reaction
I agree but I also dont feel all the blame should be on tony george. My father pitted in indy in the early 60's and we have talked lots about this subject. A big part of what jacked open wheel was the money hungriness of roger penske. That man is a freaking moron ni matter what

worcs761

Reaction
What year I do not remember, but when the IRL cars first raced Indy it looked like a amateur race to me. It all led to problems in the pits, crashes in the pits and crazy crashes on the track. At that turning point of the clash between IRL vs. CART is when I lost interest in any race at the 500. Sad for sure. Never stayed in touch. So I guess TG is a SOB and solely killed asphalt open wheel racing.

manicmechanic

Reaction
Alot there, Did he kill Indy or just do CPR until he dropped?
Tough times these

Tundranation

Reaction
Awesome post. Open wheel racing was so great in the early 90's. I miss it badly. I remember making sure to wake up early to watch the Indy 500. Now I could care less.
This rings oh so true for a lot of us !!!! :( Tony George you ruined it !!!!!!!!! :mad:

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
X2

I finally saved enough to go to Indy in 19??(old) w/RG
the yr. CART & IRL splt. Went to carb day, the museum, etc.
then went to Michigan for the US 500.
I missed IT by 1yr.!!