• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tony Hawk 3

sirhk100

Okay my friend got the new Tony Hawk for PS2 and I'm completely addicted!!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Waldo

Safehouse
My friend too! That game is sweeeeet! I just rented Smuggler's Run 2 and it's okay. I wouldn't buy or anything. However, I hear Paris-Dakar rally is the good one to buy. Every time I try to rent it it is gone. Sucks!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

Well that sucks smugglers run 2 bites, but I am still awaiting world rally championship. It is supposed to be awesome. I also rented the new EA F1 game. It is really addicting, and in order to race the season you have to get a drivers license like on the gran turismos. It is a great game. I also heard the new F1 game by 989 is good as well. The worst game I rented for PS2 so far is CART Fury. It blows so dont even waste your time.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Waldo

Safehouse
Yeah, the TT is cool and it throws out bombs as well. I think I like the buggy better because I can see the wheel travel. Plus the attitude of the car is pretty real. The more stages I go through the harder it gets.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

I have smugglers run 1, and its an awesome game, but I dont think I will be buying the sequel. The first has a buggy, and a trophy truck that looks like a protruck.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Waldo

Safehouse
Hey Jimmy, did you get Paris-Dakar or did you rent it? I thouhgt I remember you saying it was good. Do you just race point to point or is there other challenges or options? I am thinking about buying it but ya know $50 is $50 bucks. Everytime I try rent it, the game is already checked out.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

I rented it and had it for 5 days. It is a point to point race. It takes a long time to finish the race though. You cant just sit down and finish in 1 sitting. It takes at least 3 hours of straight playing to finish the race. Every race is different as well, because their are different trails to take along the way, some shorter, some longer, some rough, some smooth, you just have to find the best way to go. It also makes it good because their are 4 different classes to race as. There is a motorcycle class, a quad class, a 4x4 class, and a 2wd buggy class, so you never get board, just switch to a different class. The 2wd buggy class is a lot harder to drive than the 4x4. The damage is cool as well, and so is the wrecks. They are lifelike, and the stuff that happens is like it really would. If you break the car, you have to fix it, and it takes you time. As soon as I save a little $$$$ I am going to buy it. Let me know if you have more questions.

Jimmy8

I got the new Shaun Palmer Pro Snowboarding the other day. It runs off of the same game engine as Tony Hawk 3 and is really addicting. I like it because it is a little tougher than other snowboarding games I have played and you have to be lined up straight to land tricks. Its awesome though and totally worth checking out if you are a fan of the Tony Hawk games or snowboarding.