• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tony Stewart Runs Over Another Racer

RGFan

This is not good if this went down how they are saying...........http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...hree-time-nascar-champion-tony-stewart-081014

I really hope this guy is ok........Tempers and 1000 hp race cars......Not a good mix. You gotta know Stewart did not mean to do THIS......But when you are pissed off, talented and think you can control a 1000 hp race car, **** like this can happen.

The video is on youtube......Did not feel right about posting it.

Last edited:

randy s

unfortunate state of affairs..tony stewart's temper might be his demise...this won't end well for him..condolences for the family and all concerned..

Super sad. I think there will lots of should ofs in this case. Prayers to all.

First off, why the fk did he get out of the car and run unto uncoming traffic? I expect that from Mexican spectators, not actual racers

Second, I agree with Pat, looks like Tony didn't help an already awful situation by trying to intimate him.

Two awfully stupid decisions and one devastating result

sb4pro

Only thing that matters now .

PLEASE PRAY FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED

Racer’s Prayers

Racers’ Race Day Prayer

Before I start my engine, Lord, I need to talk to you.

And ask your blessing for what I’m about to do.

I give you all the credit for it’s only by your grace,

that I am at this starting line, to run another race.

The road that lies before me now uncertain it may be,

but I can face this challenge Lord, if you will ride with me.

Prepare my heart, mind, soul and give me strength, Protect me from all harm.

With ever-present danger everywhere, hold me safely in your arms.

Lord bless my competition, my crew, my fans, my friends and family,

May they know your LOVE for them, and see that love in me.

Amen!

Ziggy

Young hot head getting mad is nothing unusual, sadly this time he made a big mistake getting out of the car and walking down the track, looks like Tony made a bad choice to tell the kid to eff off or maybe tried to roost the kid, either way it did not look malicious or intentional. Just an awfully sad and tragic outcome.
Prayers for all involved.

M_Solms

I think he was going to be hit whether Tony hit the throttle or coasted by.
It is hard to see but it looks like he put himself in front of the rear tire, looks like the front tire almost got him.
When Tony hits the throttle the back of the car looks like it goes down the track away from him but I think he was already hit and out of any view Tony had at that point.Then when he lets off the back of the car catches and jumps back up which is where you can see the driver come out from under the car. I think the damage was done before he hit the throttle. You're not going to see much out the right side of a winged sprint car but wing.

manicmechanic

Don't worry mom he has the best safety equipment money can buy.
Hes not going to get hurt in that race car.

sb4pro

Don't worry mom he has the best safety equipment money can buy.
Hes not going to get hurt in that race car.
Operative word here is IN the race car . If Kevin had just stayed IN the car this whole tragedy would've been avoided . Im not placing blame on EITHER driver but hard to get run over in the car . I still think there needs to be a RULE where you MUST stay in car til rescue crews arrive unless immediate danger is present ( fire , smoke etc ) . Any driver breaking the rule will face a 1 race suspension . None of this is gonna bring Kevin back of course but maybe some good can come out of this . They could even call it the Ward rule as a tribute .

randy s

from the written statement stewart made. i got the impression that he doesn't think it was his fault and far from being intentional...this won't go away any time soon..there's bound to be a civil action against stewart regardless if criminal charges are filed.

Mark Newhan

I don't think that anybody should reach a conclusion based on the video that is circulating. I've read that people actually think that tony Stewart's intent was to run him down. I think that this notion needs to be checked at the door. Camera phones just might be the death of a free society. A short video doesn't represent any situation well.

Tony is a hot head, but he isn't an idiot. I believe that once the emotion has worn off this circumstance will be reviewed by cooler heads and it will show a couple of great racers fighting hard for a spot on the track got heated, then one of them exited his race car wearing black on a dimly lighted dirt track, then another driver perhaps wanted to buzz his car not knowing that the first driver was running down the track to give him a gesture and was struck by the other driver.

The element in which, by coincidence, that the 1st driver was struck by the second drive is what makes people jump to the conclusion that it was intentional..

God speed Kevin Ward!

sb4pro

Why is it we as the offroad community are the only 1s making sensible reactions to this ? Read some of the posts on YouTube if you really wanna give up on humanity . It's totally sad !

MARXICO

Dirt track cars have what is called rear steer, the 4 bar rear links are set so the left and right rear wheels change wheel base upon acceleration, when you hear the motor rev the car automatically turns down and to the left away from the attacker

Sheaco

Dirt track cars have what is called rear steer, the 4 bar rear links are set so the left and right rear wheels change wheel base upon acceleration, when you hear the motor rev the car automatically turns down and to the left away from the attacker
God Speed Kevin Ward.

side Note:
Do Sprintcars have that type of Rearsteer too like the Dirt Late Models do? I know they use stagger & I always thought The power to weight and wheel base allowed the Sprintcars to do what They do.

Last edited: