Tony Stewart Runs Over Another Racer

Chas Moore

Ok. So, I still don't get what he means. I know the difference. I sell a lot of stuff to both of them. lol
My question, although rhetorical, was basically why do people bring up what happens in NASCAR when this is about Sprint car racing. You posted a picture of RG throwing a helmet in Nascar. Not sure how that relates to Sprint car. Are you trying to compare the actions of professional drivers in one sport to the actions of amateurs in another?

sb4pro

Getting out of your car is getting out of you car. NASCAR, WOO, ARCA series, doesn't matter. Robby does it and he's a badass. Unknown kid does it and he's a dumbass. Typical double standard on this site.
No Robby doing it was a dumbass move too . Same as Tony , Kevin Ward , and any of the other racers who have done it . The thing that makes Kevin Ward MORE of a dumbass is being under the influence of an ILLEGAL drug while driving a vehicle regardless if it was a Sprint car , NASCAR stock car , a go cart or even the vehicle he used to get to the track .

Chris Tobin

Getting out of your car is getting out of you car. NASCAR, WOO, ARCA series, doesn't matter. Robby does it and he's a badass. Unknown kid does it and he's a dumbass. Typical double standard on this site.
Apples and Oranges bro!!!

Obviously any of the NASCAR guys who have done it, did not charge the cars on the track. They threw helmets, gloves, heat shields and even smacked their butts... but, they generally did it from a relatively safe distance.

The kid left ZERO margin for safety. The first guy almost hit him so he went farther into the line and the next guy did hit him... If he had simply thrown his helmet at Tony from a distance he would have made a highlight on SportsCenter and literally lived to race another day. But instead he ran into the race cars...

RYAN COHEE

Watch the second video and see the left rear go down the track while on the gas....

Kevin Ward jumped on Tony's car and fell....My two cents...

Last edited:

dan200

#BSF200
The thing that makes Kevin Ward MORE of a dumbass is being under the influence of an ILLEGAL drug while driving a vehicle regardless if it was a Sprint car , NASCAR stock car , a go cart or even the vehicle he used to get to the track .
WHy do people keep saying this?

Besides the accusation of a prosecutor (who knew he had no case against Stewart anyway) who was only participating in a grand jury and an uncrossexamined toxicology report there is no evidence to support it.

Grand jury proceedings are much more relaxed than normal court room proceedings. There is no judge present and frequently there are no lawyers except for the prosecutor. The prosecutor will explain the law to the jury and work with them to gather evidence and hear testimony. Under normal courtroom rules of evidence, exhibits and other testimony must adhere to strict rules before admission. However, a grand jury has broad power to see and hear almost anything they would like.

So, there is just this "evidence". Have you ever seen the show "Law and Order"? Actually, lets scale this down a bit- have you ever heard of anyone getting a traffic ticket and and then fighting it in court? They get to face their accuser, there's a judge, evidence is presented, witnesses say their peace, etc. then a judgment is handed down. Thats how the justice system works.

I dunno if you have a kid but lets say ya do and its a 17 yr old girl. Because off peer pressure or a sense of rebellion, she decides to smoke some weed on a Saturday night while having a sleepover at her friends house and she smokes some fancy hybrid potent stuff. Then on monday while driving herself home from school a kid on a skateboard hits a pebble and flys in front of her car and she slams on the brakes but its too late. She runs over him and crushes his skull. A tragic accident. She's sober and alert and driving safely and this freak accident happens.

A prosecutor will likely end up doing a grand jury to determine if your kid should be prosecuted because its a fatality pedestrian accident and not just a fender bender. The weed she smoked two days ago makes her a bad girl and guilty of driving under the influence.

Thankfully she can lawyer up. The state will need to prove its case against her and she will have the opportunity to examine the evidence against her, question her accusers, and explain herself etc. Its very likely she will be acquitted unless she has a crappy lawyer.

All I am saying is that none of us have any proof this Kevin Ward kid was high when he raced. Or even the day or weeks before that. The science to prove he was, just simply does not exist (even though you want it to and because the prosecutor says so.) It doesnt. Facts can be a stubborn thing...

What would help your argument would be corroborating evidence. Like a witness, or several. How about some weed in his pocket or the glove box of his tow vehicle? Anything besides a scientifically unscalable beyond a reasonable doubt accusation.

In the mean time you can keep saying he was high, even just a little, but theres literally no proof, zero, none, not any.

sb4pro

You wanted to know about evidence and what was presented heres what I found . This is from the USA Today and the same story appears in the Democrat and Chronical which is the local Rochester NY paper .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vin-ward-jr-accident-reconstruction/16187843/

Also I find it ironic that when asked about Kevin being under the influence his mother suddenly
" no comments " everything but she's more than willing to spout off about everything else . I'm sure she's torn up inside bout losing her son ( what mother wouldn't be ) but at the same time I think all they see now is dollar signs . Am I being an unfeeling bastard ? Maybe , but enough is is enough ! Kevin is gone and NO amount of money is gonna bring him back . Move on , get back to your other loved ones , and try to heal .
Sent from my iPad

dan200

#BSF200
You wanted to know about evidence and what was presented heres what I found . This is from the USA Today and the same story appears in the Democrat and Chronical which is the local Rochester NY paper .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vin-ward-jr-accident-reconstruction/16187843/
you can find a million news sources and they are all gonna simply report what the DA said and what he said was the kid was impaired. That doesnt make it so. Without corroboration it is only an accusation. And again, there is no science that can prove when he got high. It could have been the day before or weeks before. What would have been a more honest statemt by the DA would have been "the toxicology report showed the presence of THC in the drivers system however this evidence alone cannot show with an freakin' certainty at all that the driver was high at the time of the race."

Also I find it ironic that when asked about Kevin being under the influence his mother suddenly
" no comments " everything but she's more than willing to spout off about everything else .
Of course she is gonna shut up about it. What is she supposed to do? Tell the world her kid smoked the ganja and look like a bad mother?

I'm sure she's torn up inside bout losing her son ( what mother wouldn't be ) but at the same time I think all they see now is dollar signs . Am I being an unfeeling bastard ? Maybe , but enough is is enough ! Kevin is gone and NO amount of money is gonna bring him back . Move on , get back to your other loved ones , and try to heal .
How are you surprised by this? We live in a litigious society? Obviously there is a potential payday here and likely a bloodsucker of a lawyer has the familys interests, and his own, in mind. It happens every day all day long. And I am sure she is messed up in her head and it has to be tough to try and not blame the guy in the other car for hitting her baby boy.

My point is this. There is no reason to crucify this kid. ESPECIALLY SINCE HE IS A KID. He made a mistake, people do that. Maybe be mad at his family if ya want. Im not sure what thats gonna net ya be go ahead.

ANd who knows, maybe she wants to sue Tony and then start a lobby that forces race tracks to give lifetime bans to racers who get out of their cars on sprint car tracks and try and play frogger? I bet shes just gonna pay for the kids funeral and pay off her credit cards or something though.

Or maybe the DA will say that shes gonna develope a currency for dogs and the that will what 10000000 news outlets report as fact.

sb4pro

Only thing that matters now .

PLEASE PRAY FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED

Racer’s Prayers

Racers’ Race Day Prayer

Before I start my engine, Lord, I need to talk to you.

And ask your blessing for what I’m about to do.

I give you all the credit for it’s only by your grace,

that I am at this starting line, to run another race.

The road that lies before me now uncertain it may be,

but I can face this challenge Lord, if you will ride with me.

Prepare my heart, mind, soul and give me strength, Protect me from all harm.

With ever-present danger everywhere, hold me safely in your arms.

Lord bless my competition, my crew, my fans, my friends and family,

May they know your LOVE for them, and see that love in me.

Amen!
Gonna admit I'm not so quick to offer a prayer now , then again the Ward's may need our prayers more than ever now .