Tony Vanillo steps down from Loors

down4glamis

anyone going to divulge some info?!?!

BlueCoyote

Before this gets bogged down with all the RDC drama and speculation, and no matter what the issue was or happens going forward, I want to personally thank Tony and Sherry for all of there hard work and dedication for making short course racing the sucess that it is today. Be it making a time slot for the Trophy Karts back in 06, picking up the pieces when CORR ended, to there work leading to the creation of LOORS and the regional series.
I know all too well the "challanges" involved with promoting off road racing. While about all we hear on RDC is the bytching, sniveling and drama - your efforts made a great many racers, kids, and families very happy and have provided us with a lifetime of great memories.
Again, thank you Tony and Sherry for all you have done for us and the racing community.
Mac, Ken, Marie, Candice
Blue Coyote Racing / trophykartracing.com
TK#297 - Teryx 1997

nickhead

Sad to hear this as the Vanillo's are such a huge part of shortcourse racing and I have worked with them for many years. Reality is, who knows were shortcourse would be right now with out them, and with the combined efforts of the Vanillo's and Lucas Oil, I can say I truly believe shortcourse on the west coast has never been better, and is continuing to move forward in a still down economy.

A HUGE PERSONAL THANK YOU TONY, SHERRY, & FAMILY. I wish you all the best, and thank you for doing so much for all of us involved @ LOORS.\m/\m/\m/

450grl

Before this gets bogged down with all the RDC drama and speculation, and no matter what the issue was or happens going forward, I want to personally thank Tony and Sherry for all of there hard work and dedication for making short course racing the sucess that it is today. Be it making a time slot for the Trophy Karts back in 06, picking up the pieces when CORR ended, to there work leading to the creation of LOORS and the regional series.
I know all too well the "challanges" involved with promoting off road racing. While about all we hear on RDC is the bytching, sniveling and drama - your efforts made a great many racers, kids, and families very happy and have provided us with a lifetime of great memories.
Again, thank you Tony and Sherry for all you have done for us and the racing community.
WOW - I couldn't say it any better....Just replace "Trophy Karts" with "UTVs", and this is exactly how Jason and I feel, as well. We wish the Vanillo's all the happiness and good wishes they can handle! Thank you!

speedfun

I too say THANK YOU for all you have done for this sport without your determination hard work and vision this sport wouldn’t be what it is today. I wish Tony and Sherry all the best YOU ALL ROCK and hope to see them at the races.
So who is flying the dam air plane now?

Blinken

Ooh damn there goes the neighbourhood . i herd some rumors about the replacement and i don't agree . i vote curt leduc for president at lest he's og short course and cares about the sport and not jumping on the next band wagon for him ruin

CMI CHUCK

Before this gets bogged down with all the RDC drama and speculation, and no matter what the issue was or happens going forward, I want to personally thank Tony and Sherry for all of there hard work and dedication for making short course racing the success that it is today. Be it making a time slot for the Trophy Karts back in 06, picking up the pieces when CORR ended, to there work leading to the creation of LOORS and the regional series.
I know all too well the "challenges" involved with promoting off road racing. While about all we hear on RDC is the bytching, sniveling and drama - your efforts made a great many racers, kids, and families very happy and have provided us with a lifetime of great memories.
Mac, Ken, Marie, Candice
Blue Coyote Racing / trophykartracing.com
TK#297 - Teryx 1997
Well, said Ken! I couldn't agree more. Great post!

Layton

I got a chance to relax with Tony and Sherry this weekend at the motorcross down in Elsinore. They have always been great to the sport and me. I am very sad that they are leaving LOORS, it will not be the same without them! Good luck to you guys and I wish you the best!

Steve_Sourapas

I think this is a big loss for LOORS and the racers. I always enjoyed racing when Tony was running the show. He will be missed.

speedfun

My peeps say T-V has been butting heads with the teams and manufactures and people he worked with. SO the powers to be said enough is enough ---I will say firsthand the favoritism for some and hammering of others was not fare. Let’s hope we get some parity now? Just because you’re one of the guys with big bucks you still have the same rules as the little guys ---- the rules should apply the same for all.

pdailey

Racer
My peeps say T-V has been butting heads with the teams and manufactures and people he worked with. SO the powers to be said enough is enough ---I will say firsthand the favoritism for some and hammering of others was not fare. Let’s hope we get some parity now? Just because you’re one of the guys with big bucks you still have the same rules as the little guys ---- the rules should apply the same for all.
LOL. The voices in your head are now referred to as "your peeps" now?

Funny, I heard something totally different from a couple of different people who know what's happening in the series.

Regardless of why, Tony did the best job he knew how to do. The job sucks. Period. No matter what call you make, someone will always get butt hurt.

SEANY

Funny, I heard something totally different from a couple of different people who know what's happening in the series.

Regardless of why, Tony did the best job he knew how to do. The job sucks. Period. No matter what call you make, someone will always get butt hurt.
I'm tellin yea it's them damn v8 pro lite kids that drove it all over the edge. Lol :)

For real though Tony and I had our tiffs and so did Greg and I at Reno. Us 4 cylinder guys got smashed on at Reno. But all in all everyone respected tony and tommy and Greg and still do, I know I do. with out Tony we wouldn't be racing right, with out Tommy I would be a little dumber when it comes to car set up, and with our Greg Vegas wouldn't happen so no matter what call they make good bad or indifferent I will always have respect for those guys.

speedfun

Hay Mr. POMPOM PeePeedailey Your A peep and a RDC cheerleader dork that probably has a plastic pencil pin pocket protector. ----- How many times did you get UN fair treatment from Mr.T? I guess you would have to be screwed over personally to know ? Funny thing that being there done that thing? And now this makes you a mouthy key board knucklehead? as usual.
The job would be easy if the same rules apply to everyone---- it’s when you give to one guy-- then take from another you have conflicts and things get difficult and the problems start mounding up.
I’ll give you two examples
CORR Chula Vista I showed up to staging as the last truck pulled on to the track for driver introductions during a live NBC show and was stopped and told I couldn’t race because I was late to pre stage line up--- so im sitting there pleading my case to let me go --well now the trucks are on the pace laps and Carl rent a center comes blowing by me and joins the race !! thats one---!!!
Next was my tries I was told by tony he was going to allow my tires and after I placed the order with interco tires he calls me and says I’m out because of a email I sent him in 2009 regarding his banning my pro-2 – I was told in 2008 by tony my truck would be allowed to race for another 2 years but after he started this Lucas deal he didn’t have to honor his word,, this made my truck worth nothing and pushed me out on my butt. And if you read the buggy tire rules you can see how far they went to keep my tires out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LB-31 ------the Rick Welch tire rules-----WHEELS AND TIRES
A. Tires must be DOT only, produced in quantity each year, must be available
to the general public through normal dealer distribution and must not
exceed $200 in price.
a. DOT tire classes are restricted to tires that are intended for highway
use and are available to the general public through standard dealers.
Internet or one store only tires are NOT acceptable.
b. Tires need to be part of a multiple line of tire sizes within a currently
sold design. A tire used in the race should be identical in construction:
rubber compound, sidewall with identical tread design as other
sizes not used in the race (Example – if the tire used is a 32” tire, other
tires form the manufacturer in sizes like 31” and 33” will be the same
as the tires raced upon).
B. Durometer testing will be done and shall not be below 58 points. Tires may
be Durometer tested with race ready conditions prior to any competition on
the track.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can tell you many more Mr.T discriminating calls but It doesn’t matter the past is the past and I have never given up and never will. That’s why you’re going to see me around for a long long time doing what it takes like it or not.
Regardless of how he treated me or the dozens of other guys I still have the greatest respect for the guy and what he has done for this sport.
Tony and I made peace at the Lake Elsinore race this year. We talked and put the past behind us. He and I were looking forward to a fresh start and looking to a better future.
Again he has done so much for this sport and for that he will forever be in the hearts of all of us.