• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Too Late to Save: Another couple MILLION acres in CA Dez closed :(

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
This sucks big time...

NIKAL

We need to get a Republican in both the Presidential office and in the Governors office to start over turning some of these State & Federal over reach laws that are being passed. I would love to see our next President overturn this and several other Executive Order laws that Obumer has been passing. I'm scared to see what Obama does in the next year as he does not care. Also getting someone in there to overturn Feinstein's California Desert Protection Act which she has spent the last 20 year's, and is her legacy would probably put her in the grave.

mikeofaz

The worst part is that we (off roaders) support these actions. How? Through the OHV fund that gets robbed by the state(s) to pay for the closures. Why are we so stupid?

Here's an idea... STOP paying OHV fees to the state(s). Instead, develop a small organization that we can send the money to . They will hold it in trust until individuals need help. Help = pay the fine, fight the courts, recover property, etc.... This organization will step up for the members when in need only. Don't play politician, don't participate with LEO and play nice, and don't feed the machine! This is a "get out of jail" type organization.

Of course this only works if the numbers will join.

Can anyone tell me were to buy camo riding gear and sticker kits???

mosebilt

wouldnt matter if we spoke up anyway, this fool out of control..he does whatever he likes..should have been impeached long ago

Mark Newhan

The fix has been in for a long time. Inch by inch the deed will be done. It doesn't matter how many petitions we sing or don't sign. It's the statist way. They've been "educating" our children on how WE are destroying the planet.

You know how I know Al Gore is full of S? The idea that when a glacier melts, the seas rise. If you consider that a glacier is ice, and as such is floating, and 90% (or there about) is under water, that mass has zero effect on the sea level. THEN when you consider that water expands when you freeze it, you quickly realize that if/when a glacier melts the net result would be the exact opposite of what Mr. Gore based his movie on.

Dlock5

Dam that some B.S., I bet they would put a freaking high speed train through the pristine land though.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

blue dog

Operation occupy desert.

J Burleson

Not sure what discussing glaciers in regards to global warming has to do with National Monuments. But... 10% of earths LAND is covered by glacial ice. This is the ice that will raise sea levels when it melts, by an estimated 230ft. The National Monument program is not a reaction to global warming "bs" as many call it This idea started out as a righteous one. Basically a kid brother to our national park system but without the paved "hiking" paths But has in the last 20-30 years become a "legacy" move and to appease certain voter groups(who have their own agendas). Do you think Obama will ever visit these monument other than during his press conference? Hell no. While I personally don't like the monument designation as a political move, I would still rather see nothing but nature in those places and not have them become the next "renewable energy" wasteland.

Slippery P

With all these closures where will they get enough man power and how will they afford to patrol these areas?
Will they just Drone me if I choose to poach trails?

Mark Newhan

Not sure what discussing glaciers in regards to global warming has to do with National Monuments. But... 10% of earths LAND is covered by glacial ice. This is the ice that will raise sea levels when it melts, by an estimated 230ft. The National Monument program is not a reaction to global warming "bs" as many call it This idea started out as a righteous one. Basically a kid brother to our national park system but without the paved "hiking" paths But has in the last 20-30 years become a "legacy" move and to appease certain voter groups(who have their own agendas). Do you think Obama will ever visit these monument other than during his press conference? Hell no. While I personally don't like the monument designation as a political move, I would still rather see nothing but nature in those places and not have them become the next "renewable energy" wasteland.

Well, didn't want to spark a debate, and yes, your stats are confirmed by the top few hits on Google. My reaction was only to point out the fact that ALL of the efforts to take public land, take YOUR rights and make the "Tranformation of this country" permanent are unfolding faster now then ever in history.

There are a number of conflicting sciences on the matter of GW, which is simply another tool in the statist arsenal.

Bro_Gill

Global Warming has nothing to do with this. It is simply payback to supporters, mostly groups like the Sierra Club, CBD, Audubon, etc... When you FUND a candidate, you only have to spend once. He waits until hislast year to do the deed since he doesn't have to run on it next time. DiFi is out too. This is her parting gift, just like what she did for the Cadaver, Cranston. If you have been involved in this stuff, this was no surprise. What was surprising is how many people thought they could fight it after the deal was already done. Perhaps something in the future can overturn it. There is plenty Obama the Dictator has done that can be questioned in the court of law, but this probably isn't one of them. Possibly legislation through Congress with no threat of a veto in the future?

Mark Newhan

Global Warming has nothing to do with this. It is simply payback to supporters, mostly groups like the Sierra Club, CBD, Audubon, etc... When you FUND a candidate, you only have to spend once. He waits until hislast year to do the deed since he doesn't have to run on it next time. DiFi is out too. This is her parting gift, just like what she did for the Cadaver, Cranston. If you have been involved in this stuff, this was no surprise. What was surprising is how many people thought they could fight it after the deal was already done. Perhaps something in the future can overturn it. There is plenty Obama the Dictator has done that can be questioned in the court of law, but this probably isn't one of them. Possibly legislation through Congress with no threat of a veto in the future?
It's the same group of players.

Bro_Gill

No so much Mark. Global warming is a scam to take control of human activity and force totalitarian Gov't on the masses. These monuments are really payback to the true believers of the Gaian God that they worship. They may support Global Warming, but this stuff goes way back to pre-Gore days when Cranston was still pushing s-7, S-11, S-21. The deals that were made here are almost historic legends now. It has been that long. Most don't understand that. As long as folks like Feinstein and Boxer are never threatened to be replaced with polar opposites, nothing will change. That is why deals this old happen.

I've seen monuments created, and I've seen monuments turned into parks and/or smuggler's routes, but I don't recall ever seeing a monument returned to multiple use management.

Mike321

What exactly is being taken away in terms of off road land use? The linked article does not include this information.

Not speculation, what is now technically off limits to of road vehicles?

Mike321

Nearly 2 million acres as defined by the three new monuments' boundaries.
I don't exactly want to drive off road up a mountain. Specifically, what is lost in terms of existing trails? I'm not trying to be difficult, trying to understand.

e.g. 560,00 acres were already owned by a wilderness group. Of the 1.24 million acres remaining, how much does this impact trails?

Edit -- I read the article you linked to. Is the 142,000 acres of land being proposed for off road new, or existing?

Last edited:

mexgamer

The fix has been in for a long time. Inch by inch the deed will be done. It doesn't matter how many petitions we sing or don't sign. It's the statist way. They've been "educating" our children on how WE are destroying the planet.

You know how I know Al Gore is full of S? The idea that when a glacier melts, the seas rise. If you consider that a glacier is ice, and as such is floating, and 90% (or there about) is under water, that mass has zero effect on the sea level. THEN when you consider that water expands when you freeze it, you quickly realize that if/when a glacier melts the net result would be the exact opposite of what Mr. Gore based his movie on.
I'm gonna have to call you out on this. Glaciers are ON land, not floating on the oceans... and it's not just the rising sea level.... more fresh water has big impact on the currents. It's a complicated topic, but you can't argue against science, sorry.
I don't think this is a big deal, some areas should remain untouched.