Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Race or play, desert season is only a few weeks away from kicking off. Its time to pull your vehicle out of the garage and do a solid prep on it to make sure it last through the race or season. It doesn’t matter if you have a dirt bike, UTV, Buggy off-road truck prerunner or trophy truck, these tips, tricks and tools all apply. Bolts are bolts and nuts are nuts, the knowledge gained from the Isenhouer Brothers spans all vehicles. Let’s get down and dirty.

Continue reading...

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
I’m really enjoying this series. I’ve been prepping and building cars for a while and it’s nice to see how other people do their stuff. Go way to pick up a few pointers of stuff you really didn’t think much about or a different way of doing things. Kudos AGM.

Advertising supports this site

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Something we have done for race cars, prerunners etc. I created build sheets. This sheet was for assembly, after the car was torn down, magna flux, parts rebuilt etc. The build sheet had categories like front suspension, rear suspension’ engine, trans, interior. Then inside those categories it broke it down to components. As parts or components were installed, the build sheet was checked off with an initial of who did it. This helps ensure parts that get buried under other parts were installed and checked off. This sheet was taped to the side of the vehicle or a clip board hung on the vehicle.

Another thing I did on the computer was a spread sheet that showed the mileage on a part, when something like a trans was sent out, I noted the mileage, any issues we had, what might have been found in tear down, what was replaced and final bill cost. Also if we had multiples of that part as part of a rotation, it was noted which part was used at which race.

I also had something like a build sheet for all the chase crew pit & parts boxes. If something got used, lost or was needed. It was to get noted on the sheet, so when prepping pit boxes, we knew what was needed to be replaced or what we might want to add next time.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
I did the same thing as @NIKAL and on a spread sheet. Second tab of spreadsheet had common part numbers, suspension bolt lengths, etc. we tracked prep costs with it as well

brad inch

RDC Crypto
the thing i learned over the years ( lots of them) is do the stuff you hated doing, FIRST. like cvs and shocks. then everything just gets easier when you get tired and time is running out. do this one time and tell me it dosnt make it easier. ;)