Top Speed

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I'm curious as to what others are getting out of their cars. What is the fastest you've been in a Class Nine under it's own power in Race Conditions?

We hit 79.4 Mph according to our GPS on saturday at the BOR Wendover race. I've been told we were only 7 minutes slower than the Class 8 Trucks.

Mohr

Reaction
Ok, I'll bite.....with my old car, a 2 seat Suspensions Unl., single port, on Soggy dry lake with a 22 mph tailwind, on GPS, 89.97 mph. Into the wind, 66. 4.37 R&P, 1.31 4th, Caldwell retreads....Just under 6,000 rpm

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
You guys are faster than me..258 lbs big boy driver sitting straight up in the seat I ran 71 ish on gps.

Mohr

Reaction
You might want to do some testing, we found 4mph on a freinds car with 25 cents worth of cardboard and duct tape....

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
You might want to do some testing, we found 4mph on a freinds car with 25 cents worth of cardboard and duct tape....

Thats a good idea.. I never would have thought about creative bodywork..thanks! The Lucerne race last week had some long high speed sections..

BUDMAN975

Reaction
2 seater 78, I cannot say with the single seater.

Cameron

Reaction
Going fast is fun, but how many of you have had your co-driver fall asleep in the car in the middle of a race?
But it wasn't wile we were doing the 79.4 mph. I think I will round that up to 80 though!!! LOL

doug969

Reaction
I remember that. Sean did turn the carboard into aluminum. Looked a little funny but was proven. Feels like it was last year.....

ffrank

Reaction
On the cardboard and duct tape deal we actually lost speed by doing that. Even after trimming most of it down. You'll never know if you dont try.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
After reading the posts yesterday I decided to release a recent test photo of the development of my new helmet design to reduce drag. The test pilots head and body shape reseemble my own. I am thinking my top speed should be down to about 55 mph after production begins.

Attachments

• Bolles dos equis helmet.jpg
    Bolles dos equis helmet.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 184

Shred918

Reaction
Well I had access to a wind tunnel when me and Jeff where doing the body. I think we got it as close to perfect as we could without making it look like a salt flats car. :D

6 coats of wax also help!

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Hey Jeff lets not give away too many. Titanium is expensive but worth its weight in gold.

ACME

Reaction
Sorry Bud, don't bring your version of the "windmill" down on me! PS those billit axle tubes looked natty!