Torc goes off the hook in dallas

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
Texas race fans we're greeted and blown away to the non-stop action as the Pros pent up energy was completly UNLEASHED in its full fury Saturday nite in Texas. After a difficult all day struggle with the rain to full on 6 hr track repair the race gods shined down big time and just "let it happen"...

The phrase of the weekend from the fans was.. "y'all better come back next year cuz next time I'm bringin' everybody I know to see this"!

The trip, the driiiiiiiiive, the wait, the rain, the love..

IT WAS ALL WORTH IT! EVERY SECOND...

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
you drove from CA to Dallas for this race? that makes my frequent 500-600 mile o/w drives seem tame. Why didn't your Jerry W. attend?

can you speculate on why the spectator count was so low on Fri and much better on Sat, particularly in light of the weather???

JC76712

Reaction
HELL YEA!!!

This was my first event last night, and even with all the delays and not starting to race until 9:30pm it was worth every penny! Loved it and im hooked now!!

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
you drove from CA to Dallas for this race? that makes my frequent 500-600 mile o/w drives seem tame. Why didn't your Jerry W. attend?

can you speculate on why the spectator count was so low on Fri and much better on Sat, particularly in light of the weather???
I really think the "Texas effect" is still in place as to your question about the two day difference. Friday is all out High school Sports night period. It's "what happens" here. Actually I think it's great that a community, region, town whatever turns out to support their kids as a community. Something I think we have lost out west to a great degree. These people actually cheer, stand up and scream, smile, high five all while looking you in the eye and reaching out their hand to greet and help in any way they can. This event could have run on "volunteers only" with the enthusiasm and genuine professional courtesy offered accross the board.

Saturday is a motorheads free for all for the whole family and this was very evident. Now today (Sunday) everyone is nicely dressed coming back from Church. These are SOLID American roots and the Jenkins brothers are cut straight out of this as seen by all the families they were entertaining as if in their own house. Their hospitality and sincere desire to entertain are a very welcome mix that crosses over to the teams, the fans and all the way down to the pretzel vendors. You can tell when everyone's having a great time. You can feel it... Not sure if this clears up what was your question... This from just a rambling rambler on a grand journey home after a great weekend...

***BTW any pics from Terribles TT#1? (before the dance w/ Andy):cool:

Attachments

JC76712

Reaction
nice pics! from where you took them in the stands i was about 15 feet to the left of you :)

baja619

Reaction
Now that is what im talking about!

It worth being an American if you dont bleed Red White and Blue.

stefin182

Reaction
We were very glad to have the races back out here in Texas. My wife, who is not into off-road racing, actually made the comment that these races kick ace and were action packed!!! Way better than other motorsports I have taken her to. On Saturday, all the fans were on their feet for 99.9% of the race action. Not sure why Friday attendence was some much lower as at this time of the year, not much high school games going on. Word might not have gotten out as I watch the local new Friday AM (Fox) and they usually cover most weekend sport events with a live AM coverage to get viewers interest; TORC might want to reach out to local TV next time if they did, otherwise I didnt see any TV coverage. Did anyone else?

Cant wait to see them next year. TORC crew that I hung with were awsome and fun...even at 3am, pit parties was going strong Saturday.