TORC hot pits

JS Crew

We hot pitted with a rhino at the last two Lucas races and a number of teams pitted with full size trucks. TORC would not let us pit with a truck, and we did not bring a rhino because of logistics. I had to navigate security guards,officals and just plain BS to get my tires and jack into the pits. Than every night had to wait untill the rent a cop said it was safe to get my gear back. Anyone else have this problem? TORC is definatly geared more towards the big fish and not us up and commers.

DailyPedal

I cannot comment on the TORC side of things but as far as LOORRS, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (think mandatory) that due to space limitations, all teams use a UTV for support in the hotpits. Sometimes enforcement may seem lax if there is plenty of room in the pits but that is still the policy. It was this way in CORR and has become a significant issue with the number of entries in the Lucas series. There are a few exceptions, for example when teams are pitting multiple vehicles and/or pitting in back to back races-in which case it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you ask permission to use a full size vehicle or you may be asked to change vehicles. This is and has been the policy for several years now...

JS Crew

We are a two truck team and that was one of the reasons for trying to pit with a truck vs a rhino. The officals did not care. If my driver was named Chad or Marty I feel exceptions would have been made. I just feel we were just not big enough names to matter.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
We are a two truck team and that was one of the reasons for trying to pit with a truck vs a rhino. The officals did not care. If my driver was named Chad or Marty I feel exceptions would have been made. I just feel we were just not big enough names to matter.
Did other teams in your class pit with a truck?

hoeker

we'll be pitting with a truck at Bark river, i don't own a Rhino and if i come up with an extra 10g its going into my engine. next fall when we go west i'll be pitting with a rental SUV, same reasons. if i find a good deal on a golf cart i'll pit with that but still think teams need the option to use trucks in the hot pits, they can make room.

randy1123

No, thats why I'm asking if anyone else tried too. Just looking for some feedback.
This was clear in the drivers meeting, UTV's only based on the PAS.
You should have found someone with a UTV to borrow during the race. Everyone out there had one, or a golf cart. This was made very clear and should not have been a shock.
I don't know you, but this makes you look like a TORC hater, and I hope you are not trying to say this. You are welcome to use our Rhino if you are ever in a bind next time.
Look us up, sharing is part of racing.
Randy.

GEARDOC

This is a little off topic but, how great was it pitting in the middle of the track? 2nd best seat in the house. 1st being the drivers.

sandfish

we used a 50 pit bike and built a trailer for it to pull all our pit stuff in but CORR would not let us pull it in with the bike past the pit gate so we would pull it in by hand. not a real big deal but a good work out for the crew..every other series allowed us to use it though.. just a suggestion.:D

CMI CHUCK

we used a 50 pit bike and built a trailer for it to pull all our pit stuff in but CORR would not let us pull it in with the bike past the pit gate so we would pull it in by hand. not a real big deal but a good work out for the crew..every other series allowed us to use it though.. just a suggestion.:D
You had trouble with security guy at the pit gate too, Man I thought it was just me!

JS Crew

This was clear in the drivers meeting, UTV's only based on the PAS.
You should have found someone with a UTV to borrow during the race. Everyone out there had one, or a golf cart. This was made very clear and should not have been a shock.
I don't know you, but this makes you look like a TORC hater, and I hope you are not trying to say this. You are welcome to use our Rhino if you are ever in a bind next time.
Look us up, sharing is part of racing.
Randy.
I really don't know alot of people yet,thats why I could not ask anyone. The only guys I really know were in the pits the same time we were. I didn't want to ask them to throw in our four tires and jack with theirs. But I will take you up on your offer next time if we need it. Which team are you with?