TORC/ I hope this isnt true.

SEANY

Reaction
I heard from a very reliable source that in order to get into the pits its $80 :eek: They already charge $35 to get into the race and its not a pit pass. I didn't go last night but bought my tickets online to go tonight and I really hope we get to go into the pits.

Also if you weren't committed to the TORC series no matter were you qualified you start out side the top ten :eek:

They are still making people cover there sponsors :eek: This is soooooooo DUMB!!! without sponsors there's no race teams.

I really wanted to go into the pits and see some of my friends (PAT DALIEY) but im not going to pay $80 to do so, sorry Pat your not worth $80 :D

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
It is true, heard it from some friends that are there. Make sure you stop at the ATM if you want to visit the pits.

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
Yeah, that is my biggest complaint. It is $80, and they don't have any other option to upgrade or buy a one night pass. However, the race was great, TORC has top notch drivers, and there is lots of positive things, like being able to go out on the track to meet the drivers, lots of RC car action, and a vendor row with bands playing. On the down side though, I thought the sportsman racing started at 4pm, but there wasn't any racing until 7:30, so don't get there early, because you cannot go in the pits.

Pops

Reaction
Solution..........

Come to the LORRS races.

Of course you don't have to pay extra to be in the pits, after all, isn't short course racing supposed to be a FAMILY event??
I think so.

Come to the pits and talk to your favorite drivers and their teams! Maybe get an authographed poster(or fender).

RacerX

Reaction
False. It is $35 to get in and a pit pass is $5. The $80 is a two entry with pit pass. Friends of mine went to the pit area to buy there entry and pit pass and they were told they only had the $80 passes. They were directed to go to the front entry to get one day passes. I think its ridiculous the price of tickets. I went and just bought a ticket only, no pit pass. General admission at CORR was $25 and the pits were FREE. I dont know if that was a Perris speedway rule or what. I was going to go both days until I found out about the pricing. Plus from a fans view, the racing wasn't as great as I have seen in the past. Narrow train race.

baja619

Reaction
My guess, it is a PAS deal. They have always charged bigger fees for pit access every time I went to the SxS Races.

SEANY

Reaction
I wanted to make sure that I'm not degraded it before I see it but as a racer and crew guy I don't agree with some of the stuff. Then to hear that my friends and family are going to have to drop that much coin to come out and enjoy the greatest sport in the world I was disappointed.

hoeker

Reaction
.... no matter were you qualified you start out side the top ten :eek:

in TORC rules, old WSORR rules and old CORR rules if you miss an event or several events you are out of the inversion for as many events as you miss. starting grid is based on points, the top 6 are inverted then 7 through 10 are based on points and 11 up are based on fastest time from practice. except for 10 and up this is the way it ALWAYS was till jim baldwin switched to qualifying and this is the way TORC is, it has nothing to do with being commited to TORC or a member of the ODG or anything. i am 100% commited to TORC and believe that while they are making some mistakes they are doing most of the right things. even though i went to texas when i go to crandon i will start in the 2nd row because i didn't go to Perris, i'm not complaining, RULES ARE RULES.

ProLite13

Reaction
Check out the TI live web coverage it's "FREE" :)

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
For Crandon June race you will drop $30 for a weekend pass.
TWO days of great racing, plus night time fun.

Last edited:

69nos

Reaction
This is the straight talk on the price of admission and the pit passes. I talked directly to the PAS people and TORC set the prices. If you want to blame someone blame the right people. The PAS would love nothing more than to pack the house they have a lot to lose if the house is not full! Oh by the way the coure is tight but the racing and beating and banging is great.

SEANY

Reaction
in TORC rules, old WSORR rules and old CORR rules if you miss an event or several events you are out of the inversion for as many events as you miss. starting grid is based on points, the top 6 are inverted then 7 through 10 are based on points and 11 up are based on fastest time from practice. except for 10 and up this is the way it ALWAYS was till jim baldwin switched to qualifying and this is the way TORC is, it has nothing to do with being commited to TORC or a member of the ODG or anything. i am 100% commited to TORC and believe that while they are making some mistakes they are doing most of the right things. even though i went to texas when i go to crandon i will start in the 2nd row because i didn't go to Perris, i'm not complaining, RULES ARE RULES.

Thanks for clearing that up Ross!!!

For Crandon June race you will drop $30 for a weekend pass.
TWO days of great racing, plus night time fun.

Mary I really hope thats true but the post below makes me think its not.

This is the straight talk on the price of admission and the pit passes. I talked directly to the PAS people and TORC set the prices. If you want to blame someone blame the right people. The PAS would love nothing more than to pack the house they have a lot to lose if the house is not full! Oh by the way the coure is tight but the racing and beating and banging is great.

Really?? What was the deal at Texas the first night???

And why is everyone jumping around the blocking sponsor deal??? This needs to be discussed badly.

Pops

Reaction
I wanted to make sure that I'm not degraded it before I see it but as a racer and crew guy I don't agree with some of the stuff. Then to hear that my friends and family are going to have to drop that much coin to come out and enjoy the greatest sport in the world I was disappointed.

And I thought that the idea was to PROMOTE short course racing.

Oh well ............

450grl

Reaction
I wonder if ticket prices was the reason for the stands not being very full last night? (from what I could see from the live coverage cam, that is....I was not there in person)

Pops

Reaction
According to their web site:

Call Perris Auto Speedway for Tickets: (951) 940-0134
Adult Daily Admission: $35.00

Youth ages 11 to 15 Daily Admission: $10.00

Kids 10 and under are FREE

Tickets for the race at Perris Auto Speedway can be purchased through TIX.com. Tickets for the Friday evening race and the Saturday race must be purchased separately. Use the links below to make your purchase online.

Pops

Reaction
LOORS Ticket info....

Also off of the LOORS web site:

General Admission (1 day ticket for Saturday or Sunday)
Adult - $30.00
Children - (ages 4-12) - $10.00
Children 3 and under - FREE

Weekend Pass (3 day ticket good for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
Adult - $50.00
Children (ages 4-12) - $15.00
Children 3 and under - FREE

AllenBrotherRacing

Reaction
SO Pop you get a better deal with LOORS. I went to the Speedworld race and I went to the TORC race last night I feel that the LOORS has a better product out there right now. TORC has old timers drivers and LOORS has the the young guns in the sport which made a great show in Speedworld. TORC has two great tracks but in the middle of media no where. TORC has a Jumbo screen which makes play back a little fun. LOORS has open pit, great price with alot more sportsmen racers and it not all about the pros but the pro get down example the Speedworld race that air to day and it had alot of familys there great family event Rob "Fig" did you notice that, it made it alot of fun. The bottem line is if we had racers working together we would have 30 Pro 2 , 15 Pro 4 and more great racing and it would be call the Ultimate Off Road Racing Championship