torc on espn2 - insanely great!

shortcourse

Reaction
yo - did you guys check out the torc coverage from bark river on espn? man, so cool, action action action, love the sideline girl, love the banging music, love rj calling out the nascar drivers as wimps! that show was cracking. you all think, too? and who was that redneck announcer dude yakking about popcorn and gumballs - love him even if i didn't know what the hellhe was talking about half the time. that show was shortcourse on steroids! plus insane in truck cameras and cool angles. wtf!!

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
yo - did you guys check out the torc coverage from bark river on espn? man, so cool, action action action, love the sideline girl, love the banging music, love rj calling out the nascar drivers as wimps! that show was cracking. you all think, too? and who was that redneck announcer dude yakking about popcorn and gumballs - love him even if i didn't know what the hellhe was talking about half the time. that show was shortcourse on steroids! plus insane in truck cameras and cool angles. wtf!!
It was sick bro!:p

All joking aside, it was a damn good show. They had some pretty good camera angles too. The Pro4 race especially was pretty intense. Huseman is the friggin man!

Bucksey

Reaction
All in all I believe the coverage was pretty good. Some pretty good angles out there. One I wanted to have was the one from right in front of the fans over the top of the jump heading down into cemetary corner. It was really neat to watch the horsepower as they came down and got on gas for that straight stretch after there.

The announcing was mediocre at best IMO. Like stated previously about that redneck guy on there. I was not a fan. He was talking about how they are out there racing and trying to save their tires. I mean they have to keep them together but they aren't changing them mid race. It would be better to get someone else in there IMO. But it was good otherwise.

Great racing though wooooo I can say that.
Huseman drove out of his mind fast to catch up the Douglas, and some of those guys were easily flying 200+ off the big jump, it was ridiculous.

Also great job Bark River folks for getting everything together. Great work!

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
I forget the first guy's name, but he and Mitch Covington were commentating and then Ricky joined in.

Not only do they own TORC, but they commentate now.

racechick

Reaction
If you remember.... Ricky did the commentating on Speed the first season that Baldwin owned CORR

philsmike

Reaction
Best coverage yet. The commentating was great.

Mitch was talking as fast as the action which gives the viewer a better sense of the speeds the trucks are running. Hey, if the principals of the company (RJ & Mitch) are good behind the mic, all the better. They are always at the track and know the latest news in the pits and on the track.

Having Leah there with her motorsports background will only make the interviews better as time goes on.

Paul T. and his team are definitely bringing a unique style to the broadcasts. Much different that on past seasons. Keep it the great work.

Last edited:

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
By far Torc's best show to date, yes the camera angles etc... were better, but what made it a great show were epic battles by good drivers, all three classes had intense battles either for the win or for a podium spot. What I love about short course racing are the epic battles and the rivalries and that is why I believe this was a good show.
Also, the big tracks look much better on TV than the circle tracks.
Rob

Slash01z

Reaction
I will also say that the show was great. The lead in and out of the commercials were great. so far I think that Todd Haris the 3rd man on the broadcast has been the best one so far. Ricky was great because of his racing experience on the actuall track. I really dont think covington is a good tv commentator. I think he would be ok doing the commentating live at the event but he just doesn't have the tv feal.

The only thing I think that they should chamge is the should zoom out a little more and get the truck and the track. Many times they were zoomed in on a tire or just the truck and I feel that If they get the truck with the track and banners or other scennery it really shows how cool the trucks are a little better. Just my opinion.

eric2448

Reaction
The only thing I think that they should chamge is the should zoom out a little more and get the truck and the track. Many times they were zoomed in on a tire or just the truck and I feel that If they get the truck with the track and banners or other scennery it really shows how cool the trucks are a little better. Just my opinion.
I agree, there were wayyy too many close ups, but overall the shows are improving...

baja619

Reaction
I will also say that the show was great. The lead in and out of the commercials were great. so far I think that Todd Haris the 3rd man on the broadcast has been the best one so far. Ricky was great because of his racing experience on the actuall track. I really dont think covington is a good tv commentator. I think he would be ok doing the commentating live at the event but he just doesn't have the tv feal.

X3! on the Zoom in. I could not even see Husemans crazy recoveries after getting pushed off the track.

I cannot stand hill billy bob. Not good for the main stream audience. Way to biased and not professional.I think he would be perfect to commentate on the Tuff Trucks or the county fair.

I think the show and production was fair - good. With out the awesome racing that was thrown down I would have likely turned it off.

FarrisMotorsports

Reaction
If I didn't know any better I would have thought Jeremy owned a portion of TORC also....I understand the concept of their intentions, but at least give the other guys some coverage also. Either way, it's good for the sport and that's all that really matters.

snizdigity

Reaction
I didnt get to catch this race or even the Crandon on TV, does anybody have this posted that I could download.... I know, I know I should have set the TIVO.... Or is there going to be a re-air. I looked on ESPN's web site and couldnt find anything, so I guess I need to ask the smart people here!

dspeerstra

Reaction
I also agree with Rob and the others that said there was way to many close ups. I really don't want to just see a wheel of a truck! Maybe a suspension shot now and then. But to just be zoomed in on a part of the truck??? But with that said it was probably the best show that they've done yet.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
It was sick bro!:p

All joking aside, it was a damn good show. They had some pretty good camera angles too. The Pro4 race especially was pretty intense. Huseman is the friggin man!
Rick was drivin' that truck like a 1600 car. The throttle was in the "on" position the whole time. :eek::D

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Reaction
I didnt get to catch this race or even the Crandon on TV, does anybody have this posted that I could download.... I know, I know I should have set the TIVO.... Or is there going to be a re-air. I looked on ESPN's web site and couldnt find anything, so I guess I need to ask the smart people here!
On my system, DISH it will re air on Wednesday 10:30 pm.................................................................