TORC - Perris - Will you still watch?

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
Here is a quick clip from the TORC races in Perris. I'm limited by the TV producers in how much i can post so i kept it short. Would this clip make you more or less likely to watch the TV broadcast.

[youtube_browser]sNin0xBmEmM[/youtube_browser]

tanklenz

Reaction
I like it because I know what I'm looking at, someone that has never seen a short course race probably would not know what they just saw. Mainly because the shots are so close up that you are only seeing the begining or end of what is happening, again if you have seen it before, then hell yeah it makes me want to watch! just my 2 pennies....

LORENZ

Reaction
This clip makes me want to watch it. Frankly, the fact that they don't allow it out before it airs on ESPN is a bit hoity toity, and has a feel of arrogance that lingers with such a decision.

A whiff of arrogance would steer me away from watching it on ESPN, 100% more than catching it on Youtube.

But hey what do I know about ratings, and earning an audience, I'm just your standard working class stiff. You know the kind of Joe Blow they count to get the TV rating.

MADTERROR

Reaction
If you dont watch it then you are a fool and dont love offroad racing. Awsome clips cant wait to watch the whole race on tv.

John F2000

Reaction
I am assuming the voice over, music, and graphics are missing? If this is final edit then it doesnt tell the average viewer enough about what they are watching. If it is missing the above then it is difficult to give you feedback without seeing the final edit. As it stands its not to the level of the old corr teasers.

07FJRog

Reaction
the last 5 seconds would be the only reason to watch, imo, just like crandon, angles are wrong or to zoomed in a lot of the time

I was there live so maybe watch if I remember when it airs. lol

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
I am assuming the voice over, music, and graphics are missing? If this is final edit then it doesnt tell the average viewer enough about what they are watching. If it is missing the above then it is difficult to give you feedback without seeing the final edit. As it stands its not to the level of the old corr teasers.
the last 5 seconds would be the only reason to watch, imo, just like crandon, angles are wrong or to zoomed in a lot of the time

I was there live so maybe watch if I remember when it airs. lol
I think i mislead people with the title. this isn't a formal teaser for anything. i just took some shots that i knew i'd never use for anything i'm working on and put them on youtube and then here on RDC. it's more or less a few things you would have seen and heard if you were standing where i was. since it was a one camera shoot this is what you get. I can't compete with the TV broadcast or take away from it in any way that is why there are no titles, voiceover or anything more than some super rough edits.

maybe this was a bad idea. from now on i'll leave those shots on the cutting room floor.

forktom

Reaction
cannot wait to watch! ive tuned in to every torc broadcast and recorded them all on a vhs cause im oldschool haha

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
duhhh ill be watching (for the second time!!) ... already have my tivo set!!

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Thank you for posting the video clips. I can't see why they would turn anyone away from viewing the coverage on ESPN2 tomorrow night! Rog, and John are probably thinking that the footage you let us see is from the ESPN2 cameras... Anyhow, if someone on this forum makes a concious decision not to watch the coverage, they aren't a true fan of the sport. I'll guarantee you that even those of us that were AT THE EVENT, will all tune in to see if we missed something on race day! I hope that TORC relaxes the licensing arangements in the future so you guys can post the short video clips that we have all grown to love. These short clips build excitement and will increase viewership of the actual TV coverage...

I think i mislead people with the title. this isn't a formal teaser for anything. i just took some shots that i knew i'd never use for anything i'm working on and put them on youtube and then here on RDC. it's more or less a few things you would have seen and heard if you were standing where i was. since it was a one camera shoot this is what you get. I can't compete with the TV broadcast or take away from it in any way that is why there are no titles, voiceover or anything more than some super rough edits.

maybe this was a bad idea. from now on i'll leave those shots on the cutting room floor.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Absolutely not. Please keep posting things like this. I love watching clips of races no matter how small, with music or without it doesn't matter. It's off road racing and it's all good. Keep 'em coming..

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
It's all "very good"
Keep Posting...

It's kinda like a refreshing dream you can see clearly without all the clutter of an actual race nite,,,:D

Jeepspeedster

Reaction
Great show. 90 min of offroad on a Sunday night prime time.
Thanks RJ

greg marsh

Reaction
This is coming from left field a bit, but how does the marketing $$ stack up from TV vs. a full internet broadcast? My thought would be something that is fully replayable, but works something like Fandango, or broadcast TV shows, where it inserts ads you have to watch to be able to get through it. It would seem like the exposure would be higher if people weren't tied to a specific time, network, etc. I think eventually this will be the way everything is, but how far off are we and is this a good pilot given the size/dedication of the fan base?

randy1123

Reaction
Of course I will still watch it.
But TORC is 99.9% based on Trucks, the smaller classes mean nothing to TORC (just my opinion)
I think TORC can grow the lower classes by showing at least a 60-90 second highlight clip on TV to even just glance over the other classes that raced that night.
How hard is this? Is the TV group mandating they cannot show the lower classes? Someone at TORC is not wanting to do it, that is why the turnout for the lower classes is a little on the low side. Also, TORC gave great money to the lower classes at the last race. This was decided at the last minute and not advertised. The winner was given good money as a bonus and didn't know about it. Good for him!!

If TORC changes, I am still open to it, but until then I will only watch it on TV. Another series has grown the lower classes by going over and above by highlighting the lower classes with TV and great organization.

You asked, so there it is.

forktom

Reaction
i really miss the old corr speed days. when each class got a full hour of each race weekend. i was going through some tapes and i found half of the 06 prolite season.