Torc Pro-series rules update

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Just recieved this today. For those of you going to Crandon, hope you knew about these changes before I did...

PRO TRUCK CLASSES

1. Mud Flaps: Hard plastic a minimum of 1/4" thick ridged, by 16" wide mounted to the rear bumper directly behind each rear tire.

2.Number plates: Must be mounted no further back than 6" from cab and no higher than the roof.

DW_810_Stock

Reaction
This might sound a little far fetched, but I wonder if the mudflaps are going to slow the trucks down a little at these tracks where they've never been used before...kind of like reverse thrusters on a jet airplane? Same general theory.

At these loose, loamy tracks like Crandon, a lot of the forward bite, in theory, is from the mass propulsion of the roost being thrown...

It's probably insignificant...I know it will be a lot nicer for the guys chasing the leaders...it will somewhat reduce the importance of the holeshot at the start, which should make the drivers' just a little less aggressive in corner one...

(What am I smoking...it's friggin' Crandon, they're all going to be trying to pull the holeshot.)

One of my friends said it best..."Crandon is dirty, sexy speed." That's what makes Crandon cool. The Oshkosh's, Texas's, and Perris's can be technical, and choppy, but Crandon is all about who's Mr. (or Mrs.) Bigshot.

justafan

Reaction
This might sound a little far fetched, but I wonder if the mudflaps are going to slow the trucks down a little at these tracks where they've never been used before...kind of like reverse thrusters on a jet airplane? Same general theory.

At these loose, loamy tracks like Crandon, a lot of the forward bite, in theory, is from the mass propulsion of the roost being thrown...QUOTE]

Damn Engineers, always thinking to much:D

little bart

Reaction
Almost losing land rush, competition yellow, and now mud flaps? If mudflaps were meant to be on offroad trucks they would have put them on a long time ago. Land rush had some good points both ways but help me to see the good side in mud flaps.

Pro4Tundra

Reaction
even if they do "something" how long are they going to last on the truck?

MeFirst

Reaction
even if they do "something" how long are they going to last on the truck?
Absolutely. Johnny loses body panels runnign alone out front because their so thin. And he's not the only one. I'm guessing we will see some sort of mud flap mounts that break loose after they collect enough mud.

Slash01z

Reaction
I know if one of those soft Ball size rocks hits a mudflap it will either be cracked majorly or ripped right off. I was watching corr videos where everyone ran mudlfaps. All they did was just flap around on the back of the truck rarely even stoping any dirt roost.

hoeker

Reaction
I know if one of those soft Ball size rocks hits a mudflap it will either be cracked majorly or ripped right off. I was watching corr videos where everyone ran mudlfaps. All they did was just flap around on the back of the truck rarely even stoping any dirt roost.
the hard plastic ones do help but they look stupid. they really need to be closer to the back tire but there's nothing to mount them to there.

dirtyjs

Reaction

At these loose, loamy tracks like Crandon, a lot of the forward bite, in theory, is from the mass propulsion of the roost being thrown...

It's probably insignificant...I know it will be a lot nicer for the guys chasing the leaders...it will somewhat reduce the importance of the holeshot at the start, which should make the drivers' just a little less aggressive in corner one...

(What am I smoking...it's friggin' Crandon, they're all going to be trying to pull the holeshot.)

One of my friends said it best..."Crandon is dirty, sexy speed." That's what makes Crandon cool. The Oshkosh's, Texas's, and Perris's can be technical, and choppy, but Crandon is all about who's Mr. (or Mrs.) Bigshot.
Where did you go to engineering school?

ProLite13

Reaction
Absolutely. Johnny loses body panels runnign alone out front because their so thin. And he's not the only one. I'm guessing we will see some sort of mud flap mounts that break loose after they collect enough mud.
Most mount their mud flaps like Jonny does his body panels, they don't last long after Tech.:)

Brutpwr

Reaction
As I recall the CORR rules required secure fastening cant recall what they were looking for but they did not want them just secured with self tapers, zipties etc. I wonder about the aerodynamics of having two 16" flat panels back there lol. I think the CORR rules may have been 14" or so so that is a air big sail to catch wind off jumps etc.

Jason :)