TORC single buggy rules

snoreracer

I have been trying to find out if TORC is going to have different rules for the east cost single buggys or are all the cars going to run duel ports this year. It would make sense to have the same rules for east and west so at the year end you could run together and if some west coast drivers want to go back east you could . If they don't run duel ports the cars would be different than Lucas oil and desert racers . If anyone knows let me know so i don't show up with duel ports and can't race

Volkspower Racing

You can run dual ports with a 21.5 restrictor plate, single ports will be running with no plate to try and make it equal, at least that is what I heard.

speedfun

Why can’t they get rid of the restrictor plate?
The rule was made to make it fair for the cars that had a co-rider right?
Well the rules say no co-riders so why restrictor plates?
So hear is the question how much better is the duel port or a single port with the same 30 pic -1, 2, 3 and NO restrictor plate?
I raced a 1600 for many years and it was the most fun I have ever had racing hands down! I would think get rid of the restrictor plate what good is it?
So does any one know how much HP difference their is with out the restrictor plate single or duel port?

ffrank

Dont know the HP difference but the topic has come up many times. The engine builders Ive talked to are in favor of the "no" restictor plate deal. But... They also say it is opening a can of worms. The restrictor plate keeps the engines fairly equal for the backyard builder as well as the professional. Watch a Nascar race to see how it works, the cars become equally "slow" with no real advantage to anyone. I do agree single buggies need to go faster, the cars seem to have way more suspension than engine. If its single port no plate vrs dual with a plate, I would take the single no plate. But hell, who am i.......

dansparts

If its single port no plate vrs dual with a plate, I would take the single no plate. But hell, who am i.......
Most all the CORR guys last year ran dual ports with the restrictor plate and didn't see any single ports running up front with them, that I know of.

speedfun

Most all the CORR guys last year ran dual ports with the restrictor plate and didn't see any single ports running up front with them, that I know of.
hay dan do you have a dyno?