TORC "Sponsor Ban" Any Changes At Perris?

Nash!

Reaction
Does anyone have any updates on the TORC sponsor ban story? I was wondering if it was the same deal at PAS this past weekend. I'm actually surprised it wasn't talked about more here although I don't think it ever had a dedicated thread.

Attachments

• IMG_6231[1].JPG
    IMG_6231[1].JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Currie.jpg
    Currie.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 271

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction

SEANY

Reaction
I dont think it was a problem at perris, maybe ricky remember all the money nascar had to pay for making jeff burton take cingular of the hood of his car.

Nash!

Reaction
Not looking to haul out the popcorn wagon:), I really am just curious if there was a change in the decision or if they are sticking to their guns on this one. I was not there and don't know if the now infamous "X"s were in place.

Sidebar: I do like Pop Secret Butter Lovers...

CR29

Reaction
As far as I know only RC car related company's are banned, rest are open game.

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Didnt anyone else notice at least 20 or 25 people there wearing brand new blue t-shirts with A/E on the front and RC/10 on the back? :rolleyes: There was NO subliminal message there. lol lol lol

Nash!

Reaction
Didnt anyone else notice at least 20 or 25 people there wearing brand new blue t-shirts with A/E on the front and RC/10 on the back? :rolleyes: There was NO subliminal message there. lol lol lol

I wondered if anyone would take the "low-cost" route and place orange duct tape x's on a plain blue shirt. :rolleyes:

MADTERROR

Reaction
the funny thing is that the team that was baned from running rc10 didnt even show up to race @ perris??? Interesting!

focusarmy

Reaction
I noticed that their were a few BIG Lucas Oil logos on trucks. Im suprised they didnt make teams cover those up...

MADTERROR

Reaction
running Lucas Oil is not the problem!!!! Traxxas has the rights to TORC, so no other rc company can be displayed on any vehical racing TORC. Check the PDG website.

baja619

Reaction
running Lucas Oil is not the problem!!!! Traxxas has the rights to TORC, so no other rc company can be displayed on any vehical racing TORC. Check the PDG website.

Well that is just Horse I failed spelling!!!

Rights to the title of a series does not validate turning away racers when they are affiliated and most likely under contract with another conflicting interest. Especially in a start up series.

philsmike

Reaction
As stated in another thread, AMSOIL welcomes racers sponsored by other Oil Companies. In the past, AMSOIL racers media coverage faced problems with a sponsor in a previous series. AMSOIL welcomes the competition the series. A little competition is good for their business. But again they are not the title sponsor.

MADTERROR

Reaction
Well that is just Horse !!!

Rights to the title of a series does not validate turning away racers when they are affiliated and most likely under contract with another conflicting interest. Especially in a start up series.

WHO turned away the racers?? NOT TORC!! All the racers are welcome if they want to race then they will but if they dont then they can watch it from the stands like some of the racers did.