TORC SRT/Sportsman Classes

rjrace

Reaction
I owe an apology to some of the most valuable classes in short course off road. With all the setup and negotiations with TV contracts, Venues, etc. we have neglected our Sportsman/SRT classes. This coming weekend, whether we have 2 PRO/1600 Buggies or 30, we WILL run your race.

We hope that the additional prize money will help to get some of you out to the Perris event this weekend. Buggy classes will receive the following in addition to the TORC purse: 1st place- 2500, 2nd place- 1500, 3rd place- 1000. Top UTV finisher will receive an additional 400 dollars. Off Road Karts 1st- 3rd will receive a Traxxas truck (both classes).

A sincere apology to all of you, we hope we will see you out there this weekend!

RJ

MADTERROR

Reaction
What about the JR1 and JR2 that were suppose to race?? We were told that their was going to be racing for us now we are kicked to the curb to allow the 250/450 to race. Thanks RJ

joecfd1

Reaction
What about the JR1 and JR2 that were suppose to race?? We were told that their was going to be racing for us now we are kicked to the curb to allow the 250/450 to race. Thanks RJ
The 250's and 450's are in the same heat I believe. This shouldn't have any bearing on the J1&J2 classes. So you weren't kicked to the curb for them. It sounds like they just don't have time for the two additional classes.

MADTERROR

Reaction
The 250's and 450's are in the same heat I believe. This shouldn't have any bearing on the J1&J2 classes. So you weren't kicked to the curb for them. It sounds like they just don't have time for the two additional classes.
From what I was told they (PDG) were only going to have the JR1/2 racing TORC. Joe I dont know if you race trophy karts or not but it take alot of 1) time to work on the trophy kart dialing in the carb, clutch, shocks, and other misc items that need to be worked on. 2) time off of work. and fuel to get to these races. 3) money. Even though we are not a front runner yet, it take alot of effort to race. Go ask Victory, CMI, ect how much time and money it take to have them run upfront. I speak for myself but we are NOT a fill in or a show for the spectators, I take this very serious beause I want my brother to eventually be a pro driver. Dont get me wrong we are also having fun out their.

roger667

Reaction
I wonder if there will be additional prize money for the sportman that run the first Crandon race ???

sandfish

Reaction
So to show how valuable we are to TORC you'll run our classes 1 hour after the gates open at 3:00. 3 hours before opening ceremonies.There won't be a single fan in their seats.Then you'll run a R/C exhibition between Pro2 and Pro4 THAT shows us SRT racers what is really valuable to you.

DailyPedal

Reaction
So to show how valuable we are to TORC you'll run our classes 1 hour after the gates open at 3:00. 3 hours before opening ceremonies.There won't be a single fan in their seats.Then you'll run a R/C exhibition between Pro2 and Pro4 THAT shows us SRT racers what is really valuable to you.
Ouch...

joecfd1

Reaction
From what I was told they (PDG) were only going to have the JR1/2 racing TORC. Joe I dont know if you race trophy karts or not but it take alot of 1) time to work on the trophy kart dialing in the carb, clutch, shocks, and other misc items that need to be worked on. 2) time off of work. and fuel to get to these races. 3) money. Even though we are not a front runner yet, it take alot of effort to race. Go ask Victory, CMI, ect how much time and money it take to have them run upfront. I speak for myself but we are NOT a fill in or a show for the spectators, I take this very serious beause I want my brother to eventually be a pro driver. Dont get me wrong we are also having fun out their.

Yes, we have raced a couple of Kart races. As far as the Victory and CMI guys, we could never compete with them... they were waaay too fast for us. I agree with you, with the money we have invested, you wou would think we shouldn't be a show filler...but unfortunatly, we are.

ragracin

Reaction
Looks like Pro buggy is at 7:30 and trucks will done around 10:00 so I guess they could let you guys run after the trucks are done. That is when people are headed to the pits to check out the damaged trucks and at 10:00 some people will be ready to head home. Their may even be an ordinace stating they have to be done at a certain time. We have that around here. So what classes should get to race in the prime time 7-10? I would think that they would run the pro classes at the prime time. They are having a 10 min r/c demo going on, I dont think that is long enough for any race. Just trying to get you to take another angle at looking at this.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
10 mins is enough time 4 jr1 and 2 if they ran together

ragracin

Reaction
Than if that is enough time, the only thing now is to tell the sponsor who paid for the 10 min demo to take their money and take a hike.That may be a little tough to explain to Traxxas. I think you know what I am getting at and I see your disappointment but it is what it is.

MADTERROR

Reaction
just got back from the TORC party. After talking to RJ I feel that their is a good chance for the trophy karts (jr1/2) to be racing the next round in perris.

dansparts

Reaction
They are having a 10 min r/c demo going on, I dont think that is long enough for an race. Just trying to get you to take another angle at looking at this.
The 14 lap race should take no longer the 20 minute max (lap times are 48 to 50 sec. at that track)

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
when did you race during a corr weekend?

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
just got back from the TORC party. After talking to RJ I feel that their is a good chance for the trophy karts (jr1/2) to be racing the next round in perris.
They should have time at that event since its not a "Pro" points race and Im sure not many trucks will show.

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
when did you race during a corr weekend?
We shouldn't have to look at what Corr did.

He Sandfish, come to the Lucas races, 1600's drivers are part of the show and race after the opening ceremonies, and can you say Speed, Vs and Outdoor Network TV coverage. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
This exactly why there are almost zero Pro Buggy entries! The TORC staff"s customer service toward anything other than P4/P2/PL was zero! If you were not in one of the 3 premier classes, you could not get a return phone call. And I am not speaking just for myself, I know of at least 3 others that received the same response. I can tell you that we made the right call by going with the Lucas series! 1 small example, so far in the 2 races that have been run, Bob Pattison has just strolled into our pit area to thank us for being there, To me that is HUGE! And we are just a Buggy and TK team.

One happy LOORS customer:)

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
This exactly why there are almost zero Pro Buggy entries! The TORC staff"s customer service toward anything other than P4/P2/PL was zero! If you were not in one of the 3 premier classes, you could not get a return phone call. And I am not speaking just for myself, I know of at least 3 others that received the same response. I can tell you that we made the right call by going with the Lucas series! 1 small example, so far in the 2 races that have been run, Bob Pattison has just strolled into our pit area to thank us for being there, To me that is HUGE! And we are just a Buggy and TK team.

One happy LOORS customer:)
Awesome

LOORS = Buggies, UTV, T/K
TORC = Trucks

Looks like everyone is happy and has a place to race. :)

Jones23

Reaction
Awesome

TORC = Trucks

Exacly what I was thinking!! Im not sure why everyone thinks Ricky owes them a hand job? I think he's done great aswell as the Lucas series just race were you like and quit crying about it on RDC im sick of reading this crap.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Awesome

TORC = Trucks

So.....
Renezeder
Coyne
Pfluger
Ampudia
Ward
Whelchel
Naughton
Currie
Brant
ETC.....

So these guys don't count!? "Trucks" :eek: