TORC- Texas

CYS Motorsports

Start of the season starts tomorrow night, it'll be streaming on TORC's website. Looks like there are 10 Pro Lites, 7 Pro 2 and 7 Pro 4, which honestly (and thankfully) is better than I was anticipating.

mike337

It will be interesting to see Rodney VanEperen progress this year. I expect him on the podium at seasons end more then once.
Keagan should be headed for a great season!
Will the Greaves trucks stay dependable? No DNFs?

sb4pro

I'll make my season picks now and see if I'm still the same come Fall Crandon lol

Pro-lite Kyle Hart and Luke Johnson

Pro-2 Kyle Hart and Arie Luyendyk Jr

Pro4 Scott Douglas and Chad Hord

mike337

A half dozen trucks, all 3 races were run aways, no one in the stands. Not a great show. : (

CYS Motorsports

I'll make my season picks now and see if I'm still the same come Fall Crandon lol

Pro-lite Kyle Hart and Luke Johnson

Pro-2 Kyle Hart and Arie Luyendyk Jr

Pro4 Scott Douglas and Chad Hord
If you are serious about Arie in Pro 2 you are on drugs.....

ryspilg

Tonight's event had a much better turn out! Races this evening were much more entertaining. Sure it would be great to see car counts higher, and we can only hope a couple more drivers show up throughout the season!

Kent Brascho back out there driving an ex Walker Evans truck (I think) was so cool! He ran that truck for several seasons in the past and it was great to see it back out there in his old paint scheme!

sb4pro

Tonight's event had a much better turn out! Races this evening were much more entertaining. Sure it would be great to see car counts higher, and we can only hope a couple more drivers show up throughout the season!

Kent Brascho back out there driving an ex Walker Evans truck (I think) was so cool! He ran that truck for several seasons in the past and it was great to see it back out there in his old paint scheme!
Was awesome seeing Hord get a win too .

ME Motorsports

I also agree the low truck count is really starting to worry me as a huge fan of this series. I am really concerned how much longer this series can survive on such low truck counts and poor gate attendance. I hate to say it but I think the series would be better served if for now we only race the tracks where they have a large fan turnout like Crandon and Bark River and possibly Chicago. I really hope the fans show up to support the new track in Elk River, MN so they can be added to the list of tracks that have good fan support. I understand the need to grow the sport but I think we need to get the entire series back on it's feet and healthy before we try to spread out to far. And lets not forget the new LOORRS track in Wheatland, MO I think it will be interesting to see how many West Coast boys show up to race a track here in the Midwest and what effect it has if any on Shot Course racing here in the Midwest in the future.

Jimmy8

Part of the problem is that TORC and GRC are both running events in Dallas within a few days of each other. People only have so much money. I think it's going to hurt both of the gates of TORC and GRC.

CYS Motorsports

I know the Pro Lite count for Chicago will be close to double as what it was in Texas. Not sure about Pro 4, Pro 2 loses Van Eppren to Super Truck, but Steele will be there, maybe Tyree? If advertised the place should be packed in the stands like it was before we stopped going there for a year or 2.

I think Elk River has potential but unfortunately it is the same weekend as Spring Creek (AMA Motocross) which is about 2 hours away, so I expect a low(er) fan turnout there.

CYS Motorsports

Tonight not so much , but Arie just might surprise a lot of people . I'll stand pat and keep him as a pick .
I hope you have a prescription because whatever you're on has to be pretty strong.

JDDurfey

I was there on Friday. I wanted to go on Saturday, but other plans had been made already. There has been a lot of rain in the area and I was afraid the track would be soup. One corner was pretty sloppy, but it got better as the night went on. The dirt was like glue and the trucks would bicycle quickly. There was some good action, but it would have been better if there had been a bigger turn out. There were not that many fans there on Friday, but I wasn't really surprised with the weather that has been happening lately. Not real smart to sit on metal bleachers with lightning striking all around the area.

This is the start of the Pro 2 race, my daughter put my phone on slow mo.

Attachments

PDANK Racing

Part of the problem is that TORC and GRC are both running events in Dallas within a few days of each other. People only have so much money. I think it's going to hurt both of the gates of TORC and GRC.
Population for DFW area is over 7 million, so there is more than enough for both. I think it really comes down to their pre race marketing. It would be interesting to see what TORC has for a marketing plan for "Newer" venues that need growth. Are they getting Drivers interviewed on TV, or Radio? News Anchor ride along? Billboards or other advertising? Hopefully more than handing out free tickets at Walmart.

I also wonder if TORC will be able to rebound from Birtwell's mismanagement. Would MSI have been better off letting ToRC fold, and starting fresh?

ME Motorsports

PDANK I agree not sure how much damage was done the past two years. One thing for sure is the series needs $$$ and to get that you need BIG name sponsors to step up and support the series. This series had them in the past they just need to find a way to bring them back. We as fans need to do all we can to help support the sponsors that do support TORC. I really wish we could get TRAXXAS back as a sponsor at some level. I felt they were a great sponsor. There product line and the off-road fan base were a perfect match!