Torc today abc

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
TORC on TV - TODAY ON ABC at 5:00pm EST

The Traxxas TORC Series presented by AMSOIL moves to network television on ABC, as the season coverage continues this Sunday, June 7, 2009 from Perris Auto Speedway. Coverage begins at 5:00pm Eastern time; check your local listings for more information.

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
Torc today abc 2PM PST "LEFT COAST" roll-em'

Thanks Mary,
No need to TIVO on a 2PM PST that is!
Nice "dovetail" SLAM DUNK OF A TIME SLOT!

Los Angeles: 7 ABC Wipeout, Å Auto Racing (TORC), NASCAR, (N) NBA Count Basketball Finals Game 2 Orlando Magic at Lakers.

LIGHTS CAMERA annnnnnd Action.........."Roll em" literally.
The lights the love the drama and the CARNAGE. :eek:

The Traxxas TORC Series presented by AMSOIL moves to network television on ABC, as the season coverage continues this Sunday, June 7, 2009 from Perris Auto Speedway. Coverage begins at 5:00pm Eastern time; check your local listings for more information.
[/QUOTE]

JoeyD23

Reaction
always cool to see off road racing on TV.....I did like the Lucas brodcast a bit better that was on VS Channel on Saturday.....

450grl

Reaction
I am sort of disappointed in ABC's broadcast so far.....I know how exciting this type of racing can be (obviously), but it's just not being conveyed through the show at all......Jason actually just got up to go wash his quad, and there's still 20 minutes left! I am happy to see the coverage on TV, but the broadcast is just not doing it for me today. Oop! Pro-4's on......gotta go!

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
I'm watching it right now. The racing is awesome as it always is, the video coverage needs a little work, imho. The biggest detriment is that the commentators apparently weren't at the race itself and are simply commentating off the recorded video footage (though they try to hide it with some of the things they say). The problem with this is anything that happens off camera they don't notice and can't comment on. So you get situations like "Oh, and we have a truck off the track in turn 5" when in reality he'd been off track for three laps but had just been shown by the camera for the first time. Also, the cameras are on the leaders almost the entire race, even when they're single file and spread out but there's side by side action around sixth or so. Incidents that don't happen in the top five don't seem to end up getting caught by the cameras. Fitting the three races into a one hour spot also makes them feel very compressed and rushed (not much can be done about that, unfortunately, unless TORC is given a bigger time slot). Hopefully most of these issues will be solved over time as the crew gets more experienced handling these races. Either way, you can bet I'll watch every episode.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
What I say now I say at the risk of being strung up by the desert racing community (please don't). As great as Ivan is, and as much as I consider him a hero and inspiration to me, I have to say, he needs some work with his race commentating. Though again this hopefully will improve over time.

450grl

Reaction
Venturecrew - I think you totally nailed it.....I have to agree with every point you have made.....and I am sure it will get better as the season progresses. The Pro-4 race coverage is much better, IMO

BTW -I'm SO STOKED to even have this type of racing on TV, and my comments aren't meant to be negative at all.....just hoping to offer some constructive input, if it even matters...... ;)

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
the commentators blow marty reid ruined TV for desert racing once. (i like ivan dont get me wrong on this next statements i have respect for the past and the heros but) and ivan "ironhair" stewart mteg has been gone for a long time. there was no excitement in any of there voices totally lame. and your comercials are promoting how intense the racing is and you got a guys that has been out of the short course scene for way to long, ivan would only really comment on the guys that have been around for awhile and ivan curt leduc does not race pro 2 and when kincad was falling back you didn't see the front shock hanging down on the right side. i really hope RJ reads these posts cause you got gerital drinkers for anouncers in a rockstar sport they don't mix there was no color in the color commentary

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
...when kincad was falling back you didn't see the front shock hanging down on the right side...
That's what I was talking about when I said commentating from pre-recorded video doesn't work. If you're not paying attention or don't know where to look, you don't see that in the video. I didn't notice the shock. In NASCAR there's a team of spotters that's observing the vehicles and talking to teams so they can better update viewers on what's going on and let the camera crew know which drivers/vehicles they should focus on.

eric2448

Reaction
Commontators make the show... and these guys need some help! FWIW their tone of voice is to calm for this form of motorsports. Racing was ok, track just seems too tight for the action people were used to from last season. Im sure as the season progresses and drivers get used to these tracks racing will get even better, but watching the pro 4's jump that k-rail was cool! Too bad this was on durring NASCAR but it was great to see it on ABC!

nelson979

Reaction
i caught the first part and it was ok like stated before the camera was way too tight on the leaders.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
it looked like the resivior hanging not the shox.

spalind

Reaction
I watched most of it--all of the Pro Lite race and about 1/2 of the Pro 2 and 4. I won't repeat what has been said about the commentary since I feel the same way about it. I'll go in a slightly different direction. I didn't like the track. Too tight, too repetitive, and too slow. I know I am comparing it unfairly to the CORR races at the Quarry and stuff like Crandon but it just didn't show off the speed and power of the trucks the way other tracks can...

MGERALD195

Reaction
that was one of the best prolite races I've ever seen and TV made it look "Average" Kincaid and Hord where in a serious intense battle. They didn't even show Hord sacking up and passing him… or did I miss it? The moving nascar style camera was cool on the oval, but it was way to close to the trucks. It was great for full door shots for redbull and monster.. Just my opinion...

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
that was one of the best prolite races I've ever seen and TV made it look "Average" Kincaid and Hord where in a serious intense battle. They didn't even show Hord sacking up and passing him… or did I miss it? The moving nascar style camera was cool on the oval, but it was way to close to the trucks. It was great for full door shots for redbull and monster.. Just my opinion...
I don't know if it was the Pro Lite race or one of the other two, but i know during one of them there was a lead change in the corner where one of the two trucks dipped below the view of the camera. The announcer said something like "And I think ______ made the pass on _______. He went below the shot so I can't be sure."

hoeker

Reaction
After being at Texas and being very disappointed with the TV and not being at Perris i thought the TV was an improvement but i don't think those of us that attend the races (lucas or TORC), (especially the actual event) can be objective judges. we all know how much more exciting our sport is in real life, (shoot, even napcar is exciting when you're at the track) the big trick is communicating the excitement to the TV audience. i was curious what you guys would think of ivan, personally i agree, he's way before my time so i really don't care, the only reason i know of him is the old video game and the tie-ins between short course and desert racing. i think marty is fine, he does have a very popular announcing voice that is recognized by the general public. i agree someone that is at the track is very helpful when doing voice over but i thought i heard ivan was at perris?? overall i thought they did a better job showing more of the field from perris than they did from texas and i thought the overall quality was better so i think they made steps in the right direction and i know paul and his crew are working to do crandon better!

BTW, there is no way you can bag on those small tracks from a spectators perspective! as much as i (as a driver) love crandon and hate short technical tracks like perris the fans had to love that action!!!

racefan2041

Reaction
For both Texas and Perris races the t.v. showed races from Saturday night and only highlights from Friday night. Now I'm assuming that the camera's are taping the entire Friday night races to get those highlights. The question is, does the broadcasting company have a choice in what nights races they air on t.v.? Cause maybe the Friday nights pro4 race was more exciting then Saturday nights race. Or the pro lites was more exciting on Friday night. I think if they choose the more exciting race to air on t.v. then more people would watch it rather than just airing one full night show.

Just a thought.