• Forum membership has its advantages....

torc

mike337

Keegan was very fast until he started having steering and brake issues.
Pro-2 I admit was pretty good.

dbq61537

Was just reading on the TORC website...that they have a TV deal with...

beIN Sports Network

The network already has a deal with MotoGP, along with others...widely considered one of the up and comers in the industry.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

acers

Will be interesting to see how Hord does. Hope he found some speed to compete with Greaves. Looking forward to see the pro2s in person to see how fast they are

racefan2041

Anyone have beIN Sports Network? I don't and I never heard of it.

The last race on Sunday at 6:40 will make for a late drive home.

sb4pro

Will be interesting to see how Hord does. Hope he found some speed to compete with Greaves. Looking forward to see the pro2s in person to see how fast they are
New truck , sponsor and hauler
IMG_6610.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

Kinda odd seeing a Lucas sponsored truck in TORC though

Last edited:

alwaysracin

Pro 2 was close race for 2 EX Pro 2 guys and EX Sportsman guys were separated like newer before. Spectators were way down too, hill was half empty. Big suprise, Greaves won......LOL

sb4pro

Pro 2 was close race for 2 EX Pro 2 guys and EX Sportsman guys were separated like newer before. Spectators were way down too, hill was half empty. Big suprise, Greaves won......LOL
June Crandon is never as packed as Labor Day . I think the new p2 rules have balanced things out tremendously . It used to be the CJ charity race but now with him not running it's anybody's race to win . Yes Lovell and Johnson are the big dogs but look at last round with VanDenHuevel winning . It's just gonna take some time for everyone to figure out their setups .

alwaysracin

June Crandon is never as packed as Labor Day . I think the new p2 rules have balanced things out tremendously . It used to be the CJ charity race but now with him not running it's anybody's race to win . Yes Lovell and Johnson are the big dogs but look at last round with VanDenHuevel winning . It's just gonna take some time for everyone to figure out their setups .
If Mikey raced today it wold of been 3
man race. If tou call ex Pro 2 guys 4 second faster a lap against fastest ex sportsman guy finishing 3rd close.... Only 2 had to figure out set up, rest have it for few years all ready, but getting money to get new trucks and engines is not set up...

Last edited:

sb4pro

All I'm saying is things are more equal as in everyone has the same package . This is just the beginning of the new rules and it's gonna take some time to get everyone up to par . There's always gonna be the few fast guys that's just part of racing , but there's great battles all around the field not just up front between 2-3 trucks

alwaysracin

4 second a lap is not equal, none of the other guys will get up to par unless they get cubic $$$ and do it for living or be able to hire crew to work on the truck while they do 9-5 job....

acers

Pro2 is now a sportsmans class with 2 pro drivers. 3 pro2s in the cup race what a joke.ALOT of unhappy fans on the hill.I think labor day weekend cup race should be pro4 against west coast pro2 with lovell and johnson putting their old pro2 motors and trans. in. pro4 was good racing all weekend.Kincaid is getting his truck figured out.

sb4pro

Pro2 is now a sportsmans class with 2 pro drivers. 3 pro2s in the cup race what a joke.ALOT of unhappy fans on the hill.I think labor day weekend cup race should be pro4 against west coast pro2 with lovell and johnson putting their old pro2 motors and trans. in. pro4 was good racing all weekend.Kincaid is getting his truck figured out.
In all fairness lots of the fans left BEFORE the Cup race cause of the rain . As for the the Cup races I liked Luke's idea , pro2 runs 9 laps and pro4 10 laps . I'd do it a lil different though , have the pro2s start the race and do a full lap then when pro2s pass the spotters stand in turn 1 the pro4s start . Have everyone run the same 10 laps but essentially the pro4s are starting 1 lap + time it takes for leader to cross the stand stripe down . Also keep in mind lots depends on track conditions plus this was the 1st time with the new p2 rules . TORC is GOING in the right direction trying to lower costs and keep the racers racing , it's just gonna take some time AND PATIENCE to get everything worked out right . The track itself looked amazing especially fighting the rain , and new grandstand looks good . I wasn't there so I can't talk about any other improvements such as the food , bathrooms , parking etc . But I'm sure everything will work out for the best . After all Crandon has been doing this for almost 50 years .

acers

In all fairness lots of the fans left BEFORE the Cup race cause of the rain . As for the the Cup races I liked Luke's idea , pro2 runs 9 laps and pro4 10 laps . I'd do it a lil different though , have the pro2s start the race and do a full lap then when pro2s pass the spotters stand in turn 1 the pro4s start . Have everyone run the same 10 laps but essentially the pro4s are starting 1 lap + time it takes for leader to cross the stand stripe down . Also keep in mind lots depends on track conditions plus this was the 1st time with the new p2 rules . TORC is GOING in the right direction trying to lower costs and keep the racers racing , it's just gonna take some time AND PATIENCE to get everything worked out right . The track itself looked amazing especially fighting the rain , and new grandstand looks good . I wasn't there so I can't talk about any other improvements such as the food , bathrooms , parking etc . But I'm sure everything will work out for the best . After all Crandon has been doing this for almost 50 years .
The smaller crowd was do to weather. I disagree that torc is going in the right direction less pro lights and the pro2s just are not pro2s and it shows.Watch a lucas pro2 race and then a torc pro2 The x sportsman guys do not have the $$$ to compete with Lovell and Johnson.I have been going to crandon since they raced through the woods and will keep going . They did not spend 800 thousand in improvements hoping it will work out. Labor day weekend will be AWESOME