• Forum membership has its advantages....

torc

alwaysracin

"The smaller crowd was do to weather" ......That part is the only thing I don't agree with in your post. Weather does't play that much difference at Crandon for people that had to buy full year package to get camping. Steady stream of campers leaving before first race on Sunday is not a past practice. With 80+ UTV's there was a lot of empty spots on grass and pavement racer pits.

justafan

For reference on the P2 front...

Lovell
Spring Run 2016
Sat: 1:23.0305
Fastest Lap CJ 1:20.829
Sun: 1:26.016 DNF
Fastest Lap CJ 1:21.494
Fall 2016
Sat N/A
Sun 1:23.889
Fastest Lap CJ 1:21.457
Spring 2017
Sat 1:23.070
Sun1:26.32

Times for Lovell haven't really fallen off. This may be because he is able to control the truck better without the extra ponies. In fact his "little" motor would have put him P3 in qualifying for Sunday Fall Crandon last year. It's not all about the power under the hood but whether you can get it to the ground.

When I go to a 360 Sprint race I don't care if they are down power to 410's. When 25 light up and go race it's a good show. Hopefully TORC can get the numbers up in P2 and no one will care about the smaller engine.

Though I do have my doubt's on how much less power these do have. I know those heads will support 700HP on a sub 400" set up.

alwaysracin

For reference on the P2 front...

Lovell
Spring Run 2016
Sat: 1:23.0305
Fastest Lap CJ 1:20.829
Sun: 1:26.016 DNF
Fastest Lap CJ 1:21.494
Fall 2016
Sat N/A
Sun 1:23.889
Fastest Lap CJ 1:21.457
Spring 2017
Sat 1:23.070
Sun1:26.32

Times for Lovell haven't really fallen off. This may be because he is able to control the truck better without the extra ponies. In fact his "little" motor would have put him P3 in qualifying for Sunday Fall Crandon last year. It's not all about the power under the hood but whether you can get it to the ground.

When I go to a 360 Sprint race I don't care if they are down power to 410's. When 25 light up and go race it's a good show. Hopefully TORC can get the numbers up in P2 and no one will care about the smaller engine.

Though I do have my doubt's on how much less power these do have. I know those heads will support 700HP on a sub 400" set up.
Goodwin engine that is sub 400 ci does not have 700 hp with them heads... Have dyno sheet....Ex sportsman will not get that fast, need $$$$$ to do it...

Attachments

acers

"The smaller crowd was do to weather" ......That part is the only thing I don't agree with in your post. Weather does't play that much difference at Crandon for people that had to buy full year package to get camping. Steady stream of campers leaving before first race on Sunday is not a past practice. With 80+ UTV's there was a lot of empty spots on grass and pavement racer pits.
Ya I do not think I ever watched a cup race with so few people. Easy to get out though

justafan

I'm sure most don't have the 700 since the cash isn't as deep. Would believe most are are in the 600-650 range. Some are probably sub 600. A set on kill 358 will get you some where in the 640 range.

Any way you look at it, there will always be haves and have nots.

Tarp1234

I was asked why did Hord start in the second row both days at spring Crandon when the pro lites, with the same number or more trucks, all started in the front even though it was the first event for some of them? Starting rules are not class specific so I'm assuming Hord chose to be back there?

MeFirst

I see Jay Schaefer and Andrew Carlson are added to the Pro2 field. Schaefer said his truck is a converted Pro4. How can you do that? I thought Pro4 didn't have a standardized chassis+suspension. Unless the P4 was built on the P2 standard... Am I wrong about the chassis standards? Which P4 was it?

sb4pro

I see Jay Schaefer and Andrew Carlson are added to the Pro2 field. Schaefer said his truck is a converted Pro4. How can you do that? I thought Pro4 didn't have a standardized chassis+suspension. Unless the P4 was built on the P2 standard... Am I wrong about the chassis standards? Which P4 was it?
Probably an older chassis

racefan2041

Up at Bark River today. Heard a rumor that next year Amsoil is out and Lucas Oil is coming in. Anybody else hear that?

acers

I like what they are doing. Should be a great race. It all comes down to who shows up.