Torque wrench cal. or how do u like ur big wrench?

MNotary

Reaction
Snap On TQR600B.

Got the instructions from Snap On for calibrating. Still needs some tweaking.

The numbers on the analyzer are +/-10.

The big end is still 50ft-lbs high.

Preferred wrenchs?

UndercoverFab

Reaction
my craftsman torque wrenchs stay in calibration longer then my snap on ones, but my 3/8 craftsman has broken alot and the 1/2 inch hasnt faired much better.

fnkrngr

Reaction
3 broken snap-on's and not the first broken craftsman.I would pull the wrench apart and test the spring

tedmales

Reaction
i have not had any problem with my snap on wrench, but i do not use it very often. where are you guys having them tested, and how much?

MNotary

Reaction
That is scary....I read the instructions on disassembly...

I can check wrenches at work. Up to 2000ft-lb.

I think the "click" at the head is the more consistent and accurate????

motoxscott

Reaction
Since we're all talking about torque wrenches here has anyone seen or used that digital torque meter Sears offers? It's an attachment you put between the socket and the wrench and has a digital display to tell you what the torque level is. I'm curious how accurate that thing is and how durable.

-Scott

UndercoverFab

Reaction
i only test my shop ones once a year, i test my engine ones every other month, i get it done by a welding company here that does weld tests and xrays 5$ to test both wrenchs, supposedly theres a company that makes a tester for do it yourselfer`s but it costs around 400$ didnt seem worth the money for me to have my own tester.