• Forum membership has its advantages....

TORRA 2017 Race Schedule!

TORRA

Here is our Tentative Race Schedule for our 2nd season of racing!

Our inaugural year launched with great success and we look forward to an even better 2017!

Note: Our April race, the Vaquero 400, will be in conjunction with the first 2017 Western Regional of Ultra4. We are very excited to be working with Dave and his team to bring even more awesome racing to Texas!

#makesomedust

TORRA

Here is our updated race schedule with race lengths, locations, and names.

Be sure to keep in touch for more details as they become available.

Chris Tobin

Nothing at the Texana Ranch for 2017???

Chris Tobin

A different organization races there. WEST TEXAS OFF ROAD
10-4 thanks, my son Kyle and I went and covered one of the races there several years ago and the location was pretty darn cool!!!

I hope to race my project truck there at some point if we ever get it finished...

JDDurfey

10-4 thanks, my son Kyle and I went and covered one of the races there several years ago and the location was pretty darn cool!!!

I hope to race my project truck there at some point if we ever get it finished...
It is a cool place to race. I have co-driven a 1600 car there a couple of times. That course is really twisty though. Lots of elevation changes, but not real high speed. The Beal family owns the ranch I believe. They race in BITD, the God is Awesome team, if I am not mistaken.

I think it is great that we are getting more racing in Texas. I hope it can continue and grow into something big. If I had a way to race, I would be out there, but it is not in the cards right now. I have piqued the curiosity of my boss however, so maybe....someday.

Chris Tobin

It is a cool place to race. I have co-driven a 1600 car there a couple of times. That course is really twisty though. Lots of elevation changes, but not real high speed. The Beal family owns the ranch I believe. They race in BITD, the God is Awesome team, if I am not mistaken.

I think it is great that we are getting more racing in Texas. I hope it can continue and grow into something big. If I had a way to race, I would be out there, but it is not in the cards right now. I have piqued the curiosity of my boss however, so maybe....someday.
Yes it is the Beals...

I know the feeling on being able to fund the racing... My truck is far from done and I'm not sure I'll ever have the funds to finish it, but I can dream!!! I figure if we ever do finish it a TX race will likely be the first official desert race for the truck since it is not as far away as Nevada or Baja and not as expensive to enter and support... Hopefully drive the truck out, race the race then drive it back home!!!

bajaherbie

i think the Beals skipped racing in 2016 due to the low price of oil....

TORRA

Yes it is the Beals...

I know the feeling on being able to fund the racing... My truck is far from done and I'm not sure I'll ever have the funds to finish it, but I can dream!!! I figure if we ever do finish it a TX race will likely be the first official desert race for the truck since it is not as far away as Nevada or Baja and not as expensive to enter and support... Hopefully drive the truck out, race the race then drive it back home!!!
JDDurfey is correct, The Texana is utilized by the other Texas race association.

We look forward to having you out with us in the future Chris!

We are always open to have volunteers out for course workers, checkpoint persons, volunteer pit crews for low budget teams, and recovery people. Our volunteers reap all the benefits of TORRA membership such as access to discounted pricing with some of our partners as well as the best seats in the house!

TORRA

TORRA was brand new in 2016. We held four races in our series and were the first to institute Motorcycle, Quad and Stock UTV classes in Texas from the onset. We have Truck, Car and Pro UTV classes as well of course. We had 58 separate teams race at least one of the races in our inaugural series. Our 95 mile Sierra Blanca, TX race course loop begins in town and runs along the Rio Grande along the Mexican border for several miles before dropping off in the 23 mile long Bayuca. We are looking forward to 2017 with three new ranches to race on! We have welcomed several new, additional contingency sponsors onboard for 2017 and will be making announcements about additional new sponsors shortly! Y'all come #makesomedust with TORRA!
TORRA FB Cover Photo 3.jpg
!