total chaos

toyotaguy

Reaction
I am thinking about the long travel kit for my 2000 toyota prerunner. I know that you use a 2.5 coilover, but I was curious as to what I should run as far as the secondary shock up front? a 2.5 smooth body with resevoir or a 2.5 bypass? between the two how much better will the bypass be along with the coilover. on a scale of 1-10, how much better is a bypass and coilover compared to a smooth body and a coilover.

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

shroom27

Reaction
I couldn't tell you how much better it'd be between the 2, since I haven't driven one with a coilover and smooth body, but I'm running the Tacoma kit with a coilover & bypass and it rides awesome combined with 62" leafs and triple bypasses in the rear. It takes the big hits and the front shocks stay nice & warm. Besides, Glamis, Ocotillo, Barstow, etc, it saw 130 course/dirt miles in San Felipe and I'm getting it ready to prerun the 500 and I expect it to hold together just fine and ride nice. There's pics at www.jordansrealm.com in the readers rides section titled Chris' 00 4wd or something like that. laters

redline

Reaction
i would recommend using bypass just for the progression and tune ability. but if budget is part of the question then a standard would work to

toyotaguy

Reaction
cool thanks that is what I figured about it....the tunability

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?