• Forum membership has its advantages....

Total domination by the AWD trucks at Baja 1000

jcorsico

The debate is settled. The AWD trucks finally proved their superiority. Everyone already knew they were superior, but people were waiting for proof. And now we have the proof!

Everyone who has a 2WD truck must sell it and get a Mason, now, if they ever want to win again. Ancient 2WD designs like ID and Racer are going to suffer a massive loss of value. If you have a 2WD truck, sell it now to some sucker, before it loses more value.

Plus, SCORE needs to split the TT class into two - one for AWD and one for 2WD, as there is no way the 2WD trucks can compete with the AWD trucks. Especially on a course like this, with so much mud and so many tight technical sections, AWD is an overwhelming advantage.

harleys dad

The debate is settled. The AWD trucks finally proved their superiority. Everyone already knew they were superior, but people were waiting for proof. And now we have the proof!

Everyone who has a 2WD truck must sell it and get a Mason, now, if they ever want to win again. Ancient 2WD designs like ID and Racer are going to suffer a massive loss of value. If you have a 2WD truck, sell it now to some sucker, before it loses more value.

Plus, SCORE needs to split the TT class into two - one for AWD and one for 2WD, as there is no way the 2WD trucks can compete with the AWD trucks. Especially on a course like this, with so much mud and so many tight technical sections, AWD is an overwhelming advantage.
lol a 2 wheel drive won

ltr450rider

Sarcasm noted.

Beyond that, I would say that if Menzies/Andy would have had a clean race, they would have certainly dominated. And look how well Toby Price and Nasser did in their AWD, both of them are NOT Baja veterans like so many others. I can guarantee you they were faster in that AWD truck than they would have been in a 2WD truck.

It seems that every AWD truck had some sort of drivetrain failure or issue, other than Toby/Nasser, maybe they were not pushing as hard as the other more seasoned Baja vets?

Bummed Robby didn't get his put together in time to see it run, but we will wait until Parker or KOH to see the value there.

J Prich

Definitely no advantage to AWD. All these experienced, big money teams are just throwing away money to stock up on snake oil because they're too naive to realize that 2WD is where the party is at. And this race totally proves it without a shadow of a doubt...

As a guy who never has and never will race or even drive a TT...EVER (any wheel drive), please believe that I know way more about it than the guys who have been investing millions in their programs.

jcorsico

All these experienced, big money teams are just throwing away money to stock up on snake oil because they're too naive to realize that 2WD is where the party is at.
I have to admit, it's not fair to those big money teams who spend so so much on their trucks that they don't win. That's another reason SCORE should split the TT class into two. If they did that, then the big money guys with AWD trucks would be guaranteed a victory.

J BomBer

I have to admit, it's not fair to those big money teams who spend so so much on their trucks that they don't win. That's another reason SCORE should split the TT class into two. If they did that, then the big money guys with AWD trucks would be guaranteed a victory.
what would splitting the class do? Doesn’t matter how much money you invest, all about your luck, wonder how much mcmillins and herbst invested and look, they both had problems.

mexgamer

The Ampudias claim they are the smallest TT team, in terms of money and personnel. I don't know if this is true, but maybe they spend less than the top 10 teams.

J Prich

Which 2wd TT are you racing?