Towing with a 3 link

khoolguy

Reaction
Can you tow a truck or a boat with your truck if you had a 3 or 4 link suspension or will it sagg the truck down to much ???

Greg J.

jeff

Reaction
Well that would depend on the trailer tongue weight and how much weight your coil springs could support. If you were to add 300-500lbs or tongue weight to any vehicle with a cushy rear suspension it would give it a bad case of ass squat. While a properly setup prerunner is rarely a good tow rig you could make it work... but it would probably require you adjusting the coilovers each time you towed.

Aloha

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
the sag isn't so bad, it's the rebound when you go over a bump. Depending on how much travel you have you could be staring at the ground. It's pretty interesting....... Not for the unscilled or faint of heart.

shrek

Reaction
I am with Frank. Some kind of disconectable air bag system with limit straps to control dropout and save the air bags.

I have been contemplating the same idea for another truck.

Matt

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
make a system similar to a sway bar link set up. Use cantilever arms that use airsprings, similar to those found on those junk sky lifted trucks. hook up the system using the link bars that go from the arm to the rear end when you want to tow and when you are done pop them off. If you wanted to get fancy you could make a set up that you would remove the arm and link rods, springs and all with a couple bolts. I got a couple drawings i could show you. You could make the arms pop off as easily as they do on a VW king pin spindle. couple simple tools and their off, then you can get busy! All could be done for a couple hundred, and utilizes dime a dozen parts, plus it won't look like crap.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.