Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
We are excited to announce the expansion of our Desert races.

Saturday (1/30) will be qualifying for ALL classes
Saturday Afternoon B2 (Class 10 Cars) and B3 (UTV) race head to head
  • Class Purse Structure
  • $10,000 for 1st
  • $5000 for 2nd
  • $2500 for 3rd
$50,000 to the overall between those 2 classes

Sunday rinse and repeat for the same money up between T2 (Spec TT) and B1 (Ultra4 and Class 1)

Same 50k Grudge Purse

$1000 Entry Fee

Sunday Afternoon T1 (TT) race
  • $50,000 for 1st
  • $20,000 for 2nd
  • $10,000 for 3rd
$2500 Entry

All classes are open entry

All racing will have FULL Live coverage

The cherry on top is Class 11 Showdown under the lights on the short course on Sunday night. $20,000 Purse...$1000 Entry

NIKAL

Reaction
Sounds cool, but how is class 10 suppose to go head to head with the UTV’s? I can’t imagine a 10 car going through Sledgehammer or Backdoor like a UTV could. And a UTV is not going to compete with 10 in the open desert.

Viola1685

Reaction
I remember watching the live footage last year wanting to join with the class 10 so I’m excited to see class 10 invited. We will most likely be there.

Simon_S

Reaction
Sounds cool, but how is class 10 suppose to go head to head with the UTV’s? I can’t imagine a 10 car going through Sledgehammer or Backdoor like a UTV could. And a UTV is not going to compete with 10 in the open desert.

They won’t be running rock trails. It’ll be a separate desert course.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
They will be on a desert course, not a rock crawling course.

NIKAL

Reaction
They won’t be running rock trails. It’ll be a separate desert course.
So both 10 & UTV just run a desert course together at the same time? If so that’s lame! The rock sections is what makes this KOTH and not just another desert race.

And after the poor showing in the TT class last year, I hoped they would drop the TT’s add class 11 like they did and increase the prize money for the UTV class, and other KOTH classes. Also make the KOTM bikes more of a premier event. Make the moto race more like the Erzburg Rodeo Moto race or one of those Red Bull races. Call it the toughest Moto race in North America.

aburruss

Reaction
I hoped they would drop the TT’s add class 11 like they did

Why add class 11? Because it's "cool"? Sure. But I'm CERTAIN a lot more money/people/interest/viewers/etc will at this event due to the T1 race than for a class 11 race.

Super lame!

This is KOTH not BITD.
So should the class 11's be running wrecking ball and backdoor? Or is this an exception to your desire to have everyone run rocks?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Super lame!

This is KOTH not BITD.

Dave said this is an expansion of their desert races during KOH week. There are still all of the normal KOH races in the rock sections which probably still includes the UTV race in the rocks separate from the desert race. (correct me if I'm wrong @Dave Cole 4454 )

Do you really think all of the new desert racing classes that Dave is adding should be run in all of the rock sections?

aburruss

Reaction
Great point.. I will say "super lame" too if this new UTV race is REPLACING the rock course race that they typically do. I assumed this was a separate thing.

NIKAL

Reaction
Why add class 11? Because it's "cool"? Sure. But I'm CERTAIN a lot more money/people/interest/viewers/etc will at this event due to the T1 race than for a class 11 race.

So should the class 11's be running wrecking ball and backdoor? Or is this an exception to your desire to have everyone run rocks?

Last year was proof the TT’s did not care enough to even show up. They have been crying for a TT only race with big prize money for many, many years. Dave gave it to them and 10 trucks showed up. I bet just as many fans will go watch the little class 11 bugs battle it out. Those guys are the foundation off desert racing and hard core, just like KOTH is. And no I don’t expect the 11’s to do rock sections just as I would not expect a class 10 to be able too either. But a UTV is built to race desert & rocks and KOTH offers that opportunity to showcase what a UTV can do and a class 10, TT etc.. cant. That’s why I'm asking, and “IF” they are removing the rocks for the UTV’s so they can just race against class 10, then that’s Lame.

But if the 10/UTV race is a second race for the UTV’s then cool. Just don’t lose the UTV race that really counts.

Simon_S

Reaction
Last year was proof the TT’s did not care enough to even show up. They have been crying for a TT only race with big prize money for many, many years. Dave gave it to them and 10 trucks showed up. I bet just as many fans will go watch the little class 11 bugs battle it out. Those guys are the foundation off desert racing and hard core, just like KOTH is. And no I don’t expect the 11’s to do rock sections just as I would not expect a class 10 to be able too either. But a UTV is built to race desert & rocks and KOTH offers that opportunity to showcase what a UTV can do and a class 10, TT etc.. cant. That’s why I'm asking, and “IF” they are removing the rocks for the UTV’s so they can just race against class 10, then that’s Lame.

But if the 10/UTV race is a second race for the UTV’s then cool. Just don’t lose the UTV race that really counts.

I’m sure this is an addition. But will wait for Dave to confirm.