Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

hvydrt

Reaction
In all seriousness, I'm not trying to cheat Dave out of $30. I think the people on this forum are all experienced with KOH and desert racing. I'm not. It's confusing trying to understand how the event works. The ultra4 website for KOH 2021 gives no info for spectators except to buy tickets. How do you get there, what can you bring, what's available to purchase, where can you watch the races from etc etc. Maybe I'm just not seeing where all that information is. Who ever runs Ultra4 site should consider making a section of FAQ for newbie KOH spectators. Just a thought.

Someone was nice enough to PM me with the answers to my questions. Thanks

Steve0

Reaction
If you think the event is gay...why come?

That is exactly why I go!

Ok some questions since its been a few years:
1) Does race registration still include a couple pit passes?
2) Does race registration still include a couple hammer town parking passes?
3) Does race registration include a camping pass?
4) Is there still a cover charge for the Chocolate Hammer Bar?
5) Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 miles per hour. Two hours later train В leaves the same station traveling in the same direction at 40 miles per hour. How far from the station was train A overtaken by train B?

Thanks!

nohandslance

Reaction
Wow..! This tread turned from "great racing updates to gay bars in San Francisco"..
Lance

green787

Reaction
In all seriousness, I'm not trying to cheat Dave out of $30. I think the people on this forum are all experienced with KOH and desert racing. I'm not. It's confusing trying to understand how the event works. The ultra4 website for KOH 2021 gives no info for spectators except to buy tickets. How do you get there, what can you bring, what's available to purchase, where can you watch the races from etc etc. Maybe I'm just not seeing where all that information is. Who ever runs Ultra4 site should consider making a section of FAQ for newbie KOH spectators. Just a thought.

I thought it was gay too..... but I went there and it's really a bunch of rednecks that just seem to come off that way.....
Paid cash at the gate.... Pit pass was cool meeting the McMillins after their win for $5.00 extra.... Unless you are a racer, or a hard core fan, there really isn't that much in Hammertown to see, except the proffesional vendors and the cool stuff they sell.....
They try to make it cool with food and video screens and podiums, and fire pits, infield racing, rock bands, pits, Monster chicks, etc......
Didn't see many from the LBGQ..... Oh I get so lost in the letters.....
But for spectating, I would recommend Cougar Flats, as it has a history in old western lore....

P.S. In 2005 they held up starting the first race I ever attended for 15 minutes, because I was parked sideways in the middle of the track waiting for the race to start..... Luckily I had a radio and I figured out all the yelling was about me......

Last edited:

51rcr

Reaction

Not sure if it changed. But there has been very detailed info before.

alanzona

Reaction
That is exactly why I go!

Ok some questions since its been a few years:
1) Does race registration still include a couple pit passes?
2) Does race registration still include a couple hammer town parking passes?
3) Does race registration include a camping pass?
4) Is there still a cover charge for the Chocolate Hammer Bar?
5) Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 miles per hour. Two hours later train В leaves the same station traveling in the same direction at 40 miles per hour. How far from the station was train A overtaken by train B?

Thanks!
1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. No. If you have an RV or camper you'll need to get a camper pass for that vehicle only. You don't need a camper pass for other vehicles.
4. God I don't want to know what that is...
5. When in doubt, throttle out.

Last edited:

alanzona

Reaction
Not sure if it changed. But there has been very detailed info before.
There will be more detail to come. Obviously KOH 2021 is a bit more fluid than in past years, so information is being measured out as we know more and not a bunch of maybes so that we can provide clear communication. Look for more info to come! There was another website update last night.

Last edited:

alanzona

Reaction

More info to come. 2021 has been an odd year compared to others, but there will be more information as we have it.

Love, The person nice enough to PM you and who helps run the Ultra4 website. ;-)

PM with any additional questions and we will continue to update the website with new information.

Last edited:

51rcr

Reaction
You do not have to stay IN Hammertown, but if you do, you need to reserve a garage space. Garage spaces are 40 x 80.

You can use your semi or a trailer or tent or whatever race setup works for you, but if you want to rent a 20x20 heavy duty tent (that is setup for you prior to move-in), you can rent one. Tents are not required, it's just a service for those who want to work on the car in a protected area for wind or rain.

If you want a larger tent setup, use the Qty choices (2 20x20's can be put together for a 20x40, for instance). Some teams will even go 20x60 to have multiple "bays" in their garage space.

Here's a map of last year's Hammertown layout. The garages are laid out on the streets, you can reserve a garage space.

Hot pits are first come first serve on race day. These garage spaces serve as your home base, again either reserved inside Hammertown (where there is more security, etc...) or teams are welcome to camp and home base wherever they choose outside of Hammertown.
is there a regular placement or can a tent be set up in the back right hand corner?
I also see ya say camper pass separate from race reg? i can only add car or truck in the option. i was just about to add a car since we will haul another.

51rcr

Reaction
once garage spaces are fully laid out, Simon Saines works with each team on tent placement and orientation for this who rented, so "yes".
also see ya say camper pass separate from race reg? i can only add car or truck in the option. i was just about to add a car since we will haul another.
sorry not to jsut PM but figure othrs may have this question also

alanzona

Reaction
also see ya say camper pass separate from race reg? i can only add car or truck in the option. i was just about to add a car since we will haul another.
sorry not to jsut PM but figure othrs may have this question also

Racer registration includes 3 car/truck passes, 1 race car pass and 1 utv pass. If you are bringing an RV or Motorhome, etc... you'll need to get a Camper pass at 2021 Ultra 4 KOH Event Ticketing

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction

If you enjoy the outdoors, especially the desert, the offroad lifestyle and the smell of race fuel at 6AM, KOH isn't even offering anything expensive enough to give you buyers remorse, so go support the effort and have a great time!

MTPyle

Reaction
I would watch that show Fish.

We are all signed up and way excited for the event. Can't wait.

Mike

R_LLEWELLYN

Reaction
Dave, for the guys racing 2 or even all 3 of the desert classes will we have time at qualifying in between classes to get to our next car?

NINERACER

Reaction
Any idea of the mileage for class 11?
Open desert racing or short course?
What terrain should we expect? Soft,hard,rock etc.